Little Brother

If you aren't sure who Jesse is he's from the Grandma oneshots above :)

•••

FP and Alice sat Jesse down one day and told him he was going to be a big brother. He seemed to have taken it well but once they brought his baby brother home there was a backlash. Jesse was jealous of his baby brother. He was now forced to have to share their attention however he felt like he wasn't getting any. His brother was getting all the attention he once had. Jesse tried getting Alice to play with him but she was busy. "I'm sorry Jess but your brother needs to eat right now." Alice was trying to breastfeed the baby but Jesse was trying to pull her away. "FP, can you come get Jesse?" Alice was losing patience with the child pulling on her.

"I'm coming," FP left his cup of water on the counter and walked out of the kitchen. He reached down onto the couch and lifted Jesse up. Jesse began to squirm in his arms but FP had a strong hold of him. "Come on, Jess. Let's let mommy feed Henry." Jesse hit his back as FP walked away with him. "Enough, Jesse. Keep it up and you won't be able to play with Jug and Betty when they get here."

"Dad," Jellybean poked her head out of her room. He missed her so much that he convinced Gladys of letting her move back to Riverdale to stay with him. After Jughead and Betty became college freshmen and left the house it felt like his chance to bring his daughter back so it wouldn't just be Jesse. Another child recently arrived and took Jesse's place as the baby of the house which he wasn't happy about.

"Yes sweetheart?"

"When Jug comes can we get Pop's?"

"Knowing your brother he's probably already at the diner getting food," FP chuckled. "Hey, can you keep your brother busy? He's not letting Alice have some time with the baby."

"What do I do?" Jellybean didn't know how to distract her younger brother.

"I don't know. Do whatever Jughead did when you were younger."

"He locked me in the closet," Jellybean crossed her arms.

"Okay...don't do that," FP put down Jesse. "Figure something out. Just watch him please." He gave Jesse a little push into the room so he could walk in. Jesse dug his heels into the floor. Jellybean helped his dad and FP went back down to look for Alice.

"So what do you want to do kiddo?" Jellybean asked.

"I want mommy and daddy!" Jesse scrunched his face out of anger. "No hen-wee!"

"Henry is a baby, J. He just needs a little more of mom and dad right now. Come on, we can play in here."

"I'm home!" Jughead swung the door open. He was munching on a burger and held a stack of letters in his other hand. "We're home," Betty corrected him.