Cup of Coffee

Alice fluttered her eyes open. The bright light from the window caused her to squint. It took her a second to realize she wasn't in her bed. She sat up and looked around. The room looked vaguely familiar. Her headache made it harder for her to think but her eyes widened when she saw a Serpent jacket hanging on a chair in the corner next to a red flannel. Alice checked under the covers and sighed in relief when she saw that her clothes were on. She moved her legs to the side of the bed and stepped on the floor. She tripped on FP when she tried to walk out of the room. FP sprang up when her knee landed on his crotch. She pushed herself up and looked down at FP.

"Why are you on the floor?" Alice asked. She then asked a bigger question. "More importantly, what am I doing here?"

"You don't remember do you?" FP pushed himself up. Alice shook her head. "I brought you here last night."

"Why? Oh my God," Alice started to remember what happened last night. She hid her face in her hands.

"Come on. I'll make you a cup of coffee for your hangover," FP walked out of the bedroom. "And maybe give you a refresher on what happened." Alice followed him out to the kitchen.

Last night Alice showed up at the bar in dire need of alcohol to let her loose. She learned about her husband's affair with a certain red headed woman. She wanted to forget all about it so Alice walked into the bar and went straight to Hog Eye to order a round of shots. At one point she was completely hammered and that's when FP knew he was in vital need to step in. He came down from the King's room and confiscated the drink in her hand. Alice fought for it back and ultimately ended up slapping him. FP pushed it aside and focused on getting her home safely. He wrapped an arm around her waist and one of hers around his neck to help her stand up straight. He realized this wasn't going to help since she was beginning to fall asleep. He picked her up and carried her out instead. The trailer park was close by so he carried her to his place. He knew taking her home was too far. He gently put her on his bed and covered her with a blanket. He didn't want to leave her alone so he slept on the floor beside the bed. He wasn't sure if it was his place to sleep by her side.

"Oh my God, I slapped you?" Alice sheepishly asked. FP nodded with a smirk on his face. "You still have a mighty swing," He chuckled.

"Thank you, FP." Alice genuinely meant it. "I can't believe I ended up at my high school boyfriend's place."

"We take care of our own." FP jumped off the counter and pulled up a chair at the table where she was. "If you don't mind me asking, why haven't you left him yet? He doesn't deserve you."

"I don't know," Alice sighed.

"Well he's an asshole for not realizing what he had," FP stated firmly. "I guess that makes me an asshole too."

"How so?"

"I didn't realize how good you were to me when I had you," FP put his mug down. "I really screwed up back then."

"FP, look where we are. Unlike him you took care of me last night. You made sure I went somewhere safe. You even took a hit," Alice smiled. FP laughed and reciprocated the smile. "You still have a soft spot."

"Do not," FP gasped. "I would like to inform you that I am the leader of the baddest gang in town."

"Big, bad wolf or not you spared a little piggy," Alice teased him.

"It's just a cup of coffee," FP tried to fight the smile growing on his face.

"Mhm, whatever you say." Alice took a sip out of the mug, not taking her eyes off him.

"Same ol' Al I see."

"Always."