Christmas Card

Inspired by Mark and Kelly's Christmas card because it was the best thing 😂

•••

Alice was having trouble finding a good family picture to use for the annual Cooper Christmas card. She tried getting the whole family to cooperate but had no luck. She had two weeks before she had to mail them if she wanted them out on time.

She walked into the living room where her husband was sitting in front of the television. She grabbed the remote and turned it off. "Hey I was watching the game."

"Hal, it's already December and we still don't have our Christmas card for this year. I have been telling you and the girls to pick a day for our photoshoot but you all say the same thing."

"Not now, I'm busy." Hal said.

"Exactly," Alice huffed and crossed her arms.

"Well, Alice, just use any picture you want this year. It's too late to go to the studio for a new family picture."

"You are no help," Alice sighed and walked away. Hal reached for the remote again. She grabbed her keys and left the house. She needed time to herself. Betty was out with Jughead and Polly was out with Jason so she wouldn't have any luck with the girls either. She decided to go to the diner and get herself a milkshake. One of Pop's finest milkshakes was always enough to boost anyone's mood. She took a seat at the counter. She looked down at one of the menus but she already knew what she was going to get.

"Well if it isn't Alice Cooper," FP walked up to her with a tray of dirty dishes. "What brings you here at-" FP looked at the clock on the door. "-2:37 p.m. I see?"

"I wanted a milkshake."

"Let me guess, strawberry?"

"The one and only."

"I'll bring it right out." FP pushed the kitchen door open and disappeared. Alice waited for him to come back with the drink. When he came back he placed the glass on the counter in front of her and leaned back with his arms crossed. "So, any plans for the holidays?"

"Well I've been working on our Christmas card but I'm not having any luck."

"What do you need left? Mail them?"

"Getting the picture."

"Yikes, that behind? This isn't the Alice I know," FP teased.

"Well my girls and Hal aren't settling on a photoshoot day so I have no picture to use. Then Hal goes on to tell me that I should just use whatever." Alice took a sip of her milkshake. She looked at FP and a light blub went off in her head. "But I think I have an idea."

"What?" FP asked confused.

Two weeks later Fred was outside on his porch checking his mailbox. He was surprised to see this year's Christmas card from the Coopers. He looked up and saw Hal getting out of his car. "I like the Christmas card this year," Fred yelled at him and chuckled.

"Thanks," Hal waved.

"That fool doesn't even know." Fred looked at the card again before heading back inside.

"Hal, is that you?" Alice asked from the other room.

"Yeah," Hal took his arms out of the sleeves of his jacket. He opened the coat closet to grab a hanger. "I ran into Fred outside. He said he liked the card. I assume you decided on a picture after all."

"Indeed I did," Alice smirked. "It's perfect."

"Mom!" Betty yelled from the front yard. Polly followed behind. Hal turned around to see his daughters stomping towards the house. "Care to explain what this is?"

"Your father did say I could use any photo I wanted." Alice cheekily smiled.

"Jughead's dad?" Betty rose the card up in the air. "Real man? What's with that?"

"Real what?" Hal took the card from her. "FP Jones? Really, Alice?"

"You three didn't want to take a nice family picture so I ran into someone that would."

"You know how weird it was to get be asked what this was by Jughead?" Betty looked at her mother like she was crazy.

"That's what Fred got?" Hal pointed to the house next door.

"You're all on the back, relax." Alice waved it off. "Maybe next time you'll listen to me."

"I guess you all have to read the fine print," FP joked. He brought Jughead along. He really wanted to see Hal's reaction.

"Really?" Hal turned to glare at him.

"You have no idea how hard it was to keep this to myself for two weeks," FP laughed. He agreed to remain silent about it until they got sent out. "It was even funnier when I saw the caption this morning."

"Well it was meant to be a surprise," Alice laughed too. "I had fun with this year's card. I should have done this all those cards ago. We should do this again."

"Count me in," FP agreed instantly.

•••