Safeguard

FP stared at the computer screen as he researched the so called Farm he's heard plentiful about. He didn't like the effect it had on Alice. She was acting differently and she can't see it. As the new sheriff in town he had the luxury of new equipment to investigate with. An image of Edgar Evernever came up, followed by his profile. He had a bad feeling about this man and he was concerned for Alice. This was the man he overheard Betty tell Jughead brainwashed her mother and he couldn't sit around and do nothing about it. With a little time and effort he found this man's location.

"FP," Alice walked into his office with a notebook and a tape recorder. FP leaned forward to kiss her before she took a seat in front of him. She placed the tape recorder in between them on his desk. "Are you ready?"

"So I just talk?" FP smiled at her.

"Yup," Alice smiled back at him. "You'll answer questions just like before." They began the interview. They got through a couple of questions on the list before getting interrupted. "Daddy?" Jellybean popped her head into the office. "Jellybelly," FP sprang up from his seat to run up to her. He picked her up. She giggled like the little girl she was as he twirled her around in his arms. Alice could tell how much he loved his little girl. He finally set her down and kissed the top of her head. "Whatcha doing here, sweetheart?"

"I heard my dad was the new sheriff in town, so how could I not come visit him at work?" Jellybean looked past him and at Alice. She whispered to him, "Who's that?"

"That's Alice," He said her name with a smile. "She's interviewing me for work right now."

"Well if you look at that," Gladys leaned on the doorframe. "Really is a sheriff now."

"Gladys," FP stated in a monotone. The smile dropped from his face. Alice didn't let that go unnoticed.

"She wanted to come see your new office," Gladys said. "Way different from your old King's room." She let her eyes drift around the room which is when she spotted Alice. "Well if it isn't the Serpent legend herself." Gladys sarcastically directed at her.

"I'm kind of in an interview right now," FP chimed in. "Can I take a rain check on the tour around the place?" FP looked down at Jellybean.

"Come on JB," Gladys motioned for her to exit the room. "Say bye to your father."

"Bye dad," Jellybean hugged the man before leaving.

"Bye, princess." He ruffled her hair.

"Are you still joining us for lunch?"

"I'm sorry, I can't. After this interview I have to go check a place out." FP pouted at his daughter. "But count me in for dinner."

"Okay," Jellybean nodded and followed her mother out.

"So where were we?" FP walked back to his chair.

"Where are you going after this?" Alice asked.

"I got a complaint and I thought I'd make time to check it out." FP explained without giving too much away.

"Oh," Alice said. She picked her clipboard up again. "She adores you, you know?" Alice referred to Jellybean.

"You think so?" FP smiled at the thought. "She's my whole world." FP loved her. "Just like you."

After the interview FP excused himself from the room. He pecked a kiss goodbye on her lips and made his way out. Alice left right after him. She was getting hungry on her way home and so she thought she would stop by the diner for a burger.

She noticed Gladys and Jellybean eating in a booth. They didn't see her come in because they were busy talking to one another. "We have your dad right where we want him." Gladys stuck her finger out at her. Jellybean smirked and wrapped her finger around hers. Alice overheard them and stopped walking to the counter. She turned to look at them. Jellybean got up and Alice pretended to wait for her order. She walked on by to the bathroom. Once she was out of sight Alice walked to Gladys. "Stop what you're doing."

"What? Drinking my milkshake?" Gladys acted all innocent.

"Don't dare do anything to him," Alice gritted through her teeth. "Especially involving his daughter. That little girl is his pride and joy. Don't take that away from him. Don't break his heart like that. I won't allow it."

"My family is none of your business," Gladys rolled her eyes. "Besides you don't intimidate me. You're a damn northside princess now. You've lost the southside part of yourself. Not that you're worthy of being claimed by the southside anyway."

Alice leaned closer to her."And you're not worthy of him. You break his heart-" Alice inched closer. "-you deal with me." Alice backed away and exited the diner. She lost her appetite after their little chat.

FP arrived at a hippie looking building. FP opened the door and a few men and women clothed in white exited. He stopped one of the men. "You know this man?" FP asked. He held up a picture of Edgar. "Oh, yes. That's Mr. Evernever."

"Where is he?"

"I'm sorry. You're not worthy of speaking to him."

"What?" FP looked at him confused. What did that mean? "Look I just need to have a word with him." FP reached into his pocket and pulled out his badge. Was the sheriff uniform not enough for this man? "Now."

"Mr. Evernever doesn't meet with anyone outside the farm. Only those worthy can-"

"Talk to him. Yeah I get it, Dazed and Confused." FP walked into the building and looked for the man himself. "Worthy my ass. What the hell happens here?" He walked up a flight of stairs looking through every room for Edgar. Eventually he wound up at his door. He knocked on the door. The door knob turned and the door opened. "Sheriff-" Edgar read his name tag. "-Jones. How can I help you?"

"The hell is wrong with you," FP was straight to it. Edgar was confused. "You think you can just brainwash my girl?"

"Sir, brainwash?" Edgar arched an eyebrow. "Oh no, we enlighten people here with our beliefs. It helps get rid of the negative energy they bottle up."

FP grabbed the man by the collar. "Listen up, Eddie." FP took a good look at him. He eyed him quite harshly. "You hurt Alice and I will personally knock the flower power out of you." FP let go of his grip. "Leave her alone, understood?" FP backed away and showed himself out.

FP and Alice were always looking out for each other, whether they knew it or not. Their love for each other didn't make them capable of letting the other get hurt.