Power Couple

Falice has the potential to be one sassy power couple this season.

•••

Alice sat on FP's lap as they relaxed in the living room. They were alone considering all the kids were on their way to school. He was reading the newspaper she worked on while she waited for his input. "So?" She questioned.

FP tossed it onto the table beside them and pulled her close. "I love it." He smiled at her. She pressed her forehead against his. "I see Charles took up the whole front page."

"I want to show him off a little," Alice giggled ever so sweetly. "I'm a proud mama."

"A little?" FP arched an eyebrow.

"Keep talking FP and you won't get a kiss."

FP gasped dramatically. "Babe, you can't just leave me high and dry."

"Watch me," She climbed off of him and walked away.

"Hey, come back." FP leaped up and ran after her. He followed her laughter up the stairs. "You're killing me, Al!"

•••

FP and Alice went to the diner for lunch. They walked in and caught the attention of their long time friend Fred as he was making his way out. "Alice, blink twice if this copper is holding you hostage. Blink three times if you're just undercover as his lover."

"Oh, please. I can't even get him to roll out an I love you." Alice persiflaged.

"I can't pretend to love you if I actually do, Al."

"Did you just say you love me?"

"No."

Alice smacked his shoulder. "See the idiot I deal with?"

FP scratched the back of his head. "Damn, I didn't want to hate you."

"Good luck," Fred chuckled as he went around them and out.

"Thanks."

"I was talking to her!"

"After you, milady." FP loosened his arm around her.

"Obviously," Alice led the way. "I'm a goddess." She reached her hand out behind her. His hand fell into place. He couldn't wipe the smile off of his face.

Alice joined FP down at the station after their lunch break. He helped her record a segment for the news and she helped him with a bit of paperwork. FP stared longingly at the woman across from him. He loves how her curls dangled and made her look so soft and cuddly. He also adored the way a bit of her tongue stuck out while she harshly concentrated on fixing the camera. She looked up at him. "Were we staring there, Jones?"

FP cleared his throat. "No." He denied straight away. He looked down at the papers in front of him.

"Uh-huh," She smirked.

"I wasn't."

"You so were." They locked eyes. The sexual tension just grew in the room. "You love me. Just tell me."

"That's just what you want," FP mischievously smiled. "You can't get it out of me." He loves her so much but he also loved to torture her.

"Whatever, Forsythe." Alice narrowed her eyes. She had to fight back her smile. "We both know you love me."

Their son walked in on their stare off. He knocked on the door but they couldn't rip the eyes off of each other. "Geez, can you both not pull out those hungry eyes of yours every time you're in the same room." Charles walked up to the desk and placed a file on the surface. "Honestly how was I a surprise?" He muttered.

Alice pecked a kiss on Charles' cheek. "Hi, baby. Don't mind your father."

"Hey," FP was offended.

"Honestly, how Betty and Jughead didn't catch on to this is its own enigma."

"Thanks for these," FP opened the folder and took a quick scan at it.

"I'm still coming over for dinner tonight. Don't make me regret it. We don't need another Charlie Surprise." Charles pointed at himself.

"We love you too," FP waved at him as he walked out. Alice glared at him. "What?"

"He gets an I love you."

"Technically he got a we love you."

•••

Jughead helped Betty and Jellybean set up the table. They were expecting Charles soon. In the kitchen Alice was checking on dinner. She was distracted by the music that she didn't notice FP enter. He began to sing the song, encouraging her to join in. "Where there is love, I'll be there. I'll reach out my hand to you." He reached out a hand towards her and reeled her into an embrace. "I'll have faith in all you do." Alice happily sang along. "Just call my name and I'll be there."

FP reached over to the radio and slowly lowered the volume. He leaned close to her ear. "I love you, Alice." Alice was shocked to hear those words finally come out of his mouth. She turned to face him. "You weren't expecting that, huh." He smirked. "I love you so much, baby."

"I told you you love me," Alice's smile was huge.

"Aren't you going to tell me that you love me too?" He chuckled.

"You love me," She repeated. She was savoring this moment.

"What happened here?" Jughead asked as he came in to grab another plate. He saw the looks on their faces. "This isn't another Charlie Surprise, is it?"

"There's another Charlie Surprise?" Betty overheard Jughead.

"There's no Charlie Surprise," Alice clarified. "You kids have been spending too much time with Charles."

"Can we have a Charlotte Surprise instead? I want a damn sister now." Jellybean spoke up.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's this Charlotte Surprise I hear? It's Charlie Surprise." Charles walked in. He turned to look at his parents. "And didn't I tell you two to cool it on the Charlie Surprise?"

"All I heard was I love you." Alice giddily smiled. She pecked a kiss on FP's lips. FP smiled against her lips. "So do you love me too?"

"Of course I love me." She proudly continued to smile. She loved to tease him too. "I love you too, Jonesy."

"Jonesy," The kids all said in unison. They laughed but FP didn't care. "Yeah, yeah, get it all out. I don't care." FP was in awe. "When you love someone so much you enjoy the nicknames."

"Especially when it's muah you love," Alice declared happily.

•••