Punch

•••

•••

Edgar Evernever moved into the house next to the Coopers the summer of 2018. Edgar had been spending a lot of time with Alice and occasionally with both her and Polly.

FP learned about him once when he tried to go see her. She didn't blow him off rather he didn't let FP see her. He had been released from his shift early and he knew the kids were working late at school. He thought it was a perfect opportunity to go see Alice but he thought wrong. When he arrived and knocked on her door Edgar opened. He was utterly confused. "Is Alice here?" FP tried to look behind him from where he was standing.

"She's busy," Edgar slammed the door in his face but FP stopped it.

"And who are you?" FP bitterly asked.

"Edgar Evernever, her new neighbor." Edgar gritted through his teeth. "I have to get back to work. Please leave." He shut the door in his face again. FP was confused out of his mind. Who was this man and what was he doing with Alice? FP knocked again but Edgar once again told him to go away. FP sighed and walked away this time. He would be back eventually.

The very next day he went to her house again but she wasn't home. Unfortunately for him it was Betty who answered the door. He didn't exactly have an excuse to be at her door so he had to think quick. "Oh hey, Betty. Is Jug here?"

"Hey Mr. Jones, no he's not here."

"Thanks though," FP turned to walk away but he had to know where Alice was. "Before I go, is your mom home?"

"No, she's out with Mr. Evernever today. Why?"

"I was just wondering." FP said nonchalantly. Deep down he was enraged to hear the mention of Edgar. "I heard you have a new neighbor."

"We do but between you and me," She quietly told him. "I'm not a big fan of them."

FP chuckled. At least someone felt the same. "I don't like a lot of people and I'm sure he makes the list."

"Is that so? Why?" She chuckled too.

"Something about him doesn't sit with me. Probably that hippie look of his." He hated him spending so much time with his woman. Ever since he met him he hated the man. "Do you happen to know where they went?"

"They went out for lunch. I can tell her you stopped by if you needed to talk to her."

"Thanks," FP wrapped up their conversation. "I should get going. I have a feeling I know where my boy is." FP left and headed towards the diner. He knew Jughead was out with his friends for the day and he couldn't stop thinking about Edgar with Alice. He watched them come out of the diner laughing. Jealousy overpowered him so he continued to drive away. He didn't want to see that.

The third time he saw him he drew the line. Edgar was hogging Alice and he did not approve. He marched right into her house looking for him. He was in her living room drinking a cup of tea while he waited for Alice to come down from her room. "You again?" Edgar scoffed. "This is a private session."

"Private session my ass," FP approached Edgar and swung at him. Edgar fell back on the couch. Alice heard the fight and rushed down to see what happened. "FP? What did you do?"

FP splayed his fist to check it. He then looked back at Edgar. "In all honesty I'm not sorry." He admitted. "He's keeping you away from me."

"Are you jealous?"

"No," FP denied.

"Actions speak louder than words," She pointed at the chaos he caused. FP turned to look. "He deserved it."

"We don't go around punching people we don't like, Forsythe."

"That's just that hippie tea talking," FP wrapped his arms around her. "You'd do anything to throw a brick at someone's face."

"That is...that's only slightly true." Alice plastered a smile on her face. He leaned in to kiss her.

"I'm still here you know," Edgar had a hand over his bleeding nose. They were too busy with each other to even notice him. "I'm just going to go."