Easter Bunny

Alice followed the trail of giggling to the living room. FP was sitting on the floor with Charles in front of him. He was feeding him spoonfuls of apple sauce. FP would pretend to fly the spoon into his mouth but yanks it back when he tries to bite. "Uh oh," FP said in his baby voice. Charles would just giggle in response.

"Let my poor child eat," Alice crouched down and pecked a kiss on his cheek. She grabbed his hand and moved it closer to Charles so he could get some apple sauce.

"Hi, baby. You ready to go?" FP asked Alice.

"Yes, I just need to get this little chunky monkey all changed so we can head out." Alice tickled Charles. "Right, baby boy? We have to make you look even more handsome." She picked him up and carried him to the nursery. FP pushed himself up and carried the empty bowl to the kitchen.

"FP!" He heard Alice call for him.

"Yeah?" FP walked up the stairs. He poked his head into the nursery. "Look how adorable this is." Alice held Charles out in front of her. "He's growing so fast."

"There's my little rockstar," FP grabbed him. He ran his hand through his little hair. "You need to start growing this so you can slick it back like daddy."

Alice stared at them in awe. How did she get so lucky? FP snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her in. "And mama's always looking just as good as daddy."

"Correction," She smirked. "Mama always looks better. Right, Charles?" The baby giggled and dug his head in between the two. They both pressed a kiss on his cheeks. "Let's get going. Before the Easter bunny is off duty."

•••

"Do you think he'll be scared?" FP walked alongside Alice as they entered the mall.

"He'll be just fine," Alice pinched his little chubby cheeks. "You're my brave baby."

They followed the line of people towards the photographers. "The odds are on our side. The line isn't too long today." FP pointed out. He walked up to the last person in line. "Look, Charles, it's the Easter bunny." FP lifted him a little higher so he could see.

"You look more excited to see him than our son." Alice let out a chuckle.

"Well what if I am?" FP hooked an arm around her and pulled her close. "I'm a kid at heart."

"I do believe that," Alice pressed a kiss on his lips. "You're such a child sometimes."

"M'not," FP trailed kisses down her cheek to her neck.

"FP, we're next." Alice grabbed his face and turned him around. He huffed and she smirked. "Look, baby, a big fluffy bunny."

FP sat him on their lap. He stepped back when the man in the suit held onto Charles. Charles stared up at its face.

"Hey, cutie. Can you look over here for me?" The photographer jiggled a toy to get him to look her way.

"He's staring, Al." FP whispered to Alice.

"Cut him some slack. He's never seen a bunny that big." Alice smiled. "Help me grab his attention." Alice waved her hand at their son. "Look at the camera, sweetie."

Charles turned and his face began to scrunch up. Alice held FP back, knowing he would go get him. The lady took a picture. Charles let out a little whimper. "Aw, he's scared, Al. Let me grab him." FP pleaded. He couldn't watch him cry. Charles put his arms out for them. "Please, look at his little hands."

"It's normal, honey. One more picture and we'll treasure it forever." Alice assured him it was okay. She turned her attention to Charles. "It's okay, sweetheart. He's friendly."

•••

FP and Alice looked at the pictures they got developed. FP grabbed the one in her hands. "This one came out cute."

"It's a very limited number in the batch," Alice showed him the next picture. "Here you are entering the frame in the next couple of pictures."

"I have a sexy side profile."

"That might be true."

"See," FP crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. He tapped his finger on the side of his head. "I know stuff."

"We had to turn it into a family picture because you wouldn't let go of him." Alice flipped the picture around. "You were the big baby."

"I couldn't watch our baby cry out for us. Have you no decency?" FP gasped dramatically. "His little arms." FP pointed to a picture. "He wanted us to save him."

"From a cuddly Easter bunny. Don't be so dramatic, Jonesy."

FP laughed. "But seriously this family picture is to die for." They had originally only planned to photograph Charles with the Easter bunny.

"We're getting this framed and up on the wall. It will remind me of you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, every time I see it I will remember how childish you are."

FP gaped. "But I'm your big baby, babe. I'm very good looking, youthful, handsome-"

"Vain," Alice cut him off.

"Still adorable," FP sassily turned his head. "Charles is lucky to inherit these good looks."

"Indeed he is," Alice couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. She loved this man so much.