Fix a Broken Heart

The estranged feeling in the house was putting up walls between FP and Alice. Things between the two were still jaded. They were yet to truly confront each other and have a serious conversation over what has happened between them the past few months. They have put up with small talk when they were with the kids but other than that they kept their distance.

Prior to the new living arrangement the two golden haired women found shelter at The Pembrooke with the youngest of the Lodges. It wasn't an easy transition into the new Jones household but it slowly formed itself into a livable environment. There were still some things needed to be adjusted but nevertheless things were going well.

FP was having trouble bonding with Jellybean now that they were a part of each other's lives again. He resents missing out on watching her grow up the past few years. He's also feeling reluctant with Jughead over at Stonewall Prep. It didn't help to be in a rollercoaster of emotions with his newly found first born around. He made it a top priority to be much involved in their lives.

Alice had likewise spent her time patching things up with Betty. She felt like she was a terrible mother for having her endure such chaos but at heart she did what she did to ensure that what they called home was safe for her loved ones. She's attempted the same with Polly but she was still AWOL. Her son however has spent a lot of his time at the house catching up with not only her, but his father.

Charles' arrival spurred an awkwardness to the idea of labels in the family and an unsettling conversation with the kids, explaining how that came to be. The kids regardless deemed to be understanding.

FP looped his tie around his neck as he came down the stairs. He had entered the bedroom to grab his uniform after knocking, of course. He let Alice take her room back while he opted for the couch. Betty redeemed her old room as well after Jughead departed but Jellybean claimed Polly's old room, seeming as she wouldn't be planning on moving in.

He could hear Alice talking to the two lovesick teenagers. Alice heard his footsteps. "FP, back me up on this." He looked at the three unsure of what he walked himself into.

"It's nothing bad," Jughead tried to reason with his father.

"He's only here on the weekends," Betty reminded her mother.

"They think it would be a good idea to share a bedroom," Alice filled him in on the argument. "Tell them that it isn't."

"What is so bad about it?" Jughead sighed.

FP and Alice both pointed behind the pair. Jughead and Betty turned around to look at Charles, who was innocently drinking his coffee. He put his mug down after feeling all the eyes on him. "Pointing is rude, you know."

"She's right," FP agreed. "You two can't sleep in the same room but as far as sharing goes that just stands for closet space."

"We're responsible, dad. It's nothing like that."

"Can you at least consider it?" Betty begged her mother. "Jug's already away all week. It's just nice knowing we have each other's company the two days he's here."

"Okay but no promises."

"It's all we ask," Jughead was satisfied enough with that answer. He grabbed Betty's hand and lead her to the living room.

Alice glanced over at FP and thanked him for taking her side. FP gave her a simple nod. She went to go sit with their son. "Did I really need to be used as an explanation?" Charles cheekily smiled. Alice laughed and pecked a kiss on his cheek. "I love you regardless, honey."

FP poured himself coffee from the pot. Jellybean came in and stood by his side with a mug in hand. "When exactly did your mother start letting you drink coffee?" He accepted it as long as she didn't have too much.