Wedding

Fred met FP at the church to help him get ready for the ceremony. Alice spent the night at the Five Seasons with Hermione and Mary so she was still at the hotel. She also got up early to get ready for their big day. There was less than an hour left before the ceremony starts.

"All done," Fred tightened the tie around FP's neck. FP turned to look at himself in the mirror. "You look good don't worry about it."

"What if she changes her mind?" FP had a whole list of what ifs in his head that were screwing him over. "What if-"

"Don't scare yourself FP. She's always loved you. She's gonna walk down that aisle and you're going to marry the hell out of her," Fred poked his chest.

"You were ordained right?"

"Yes now stop worrying. Everything is under control. As your best man I can guarantee it."

"You're right. I don't know why I'm overthinking," FP opened the window to get fresh air. Fred chuckles and put a hand on his shoulder, "Relax."

There was a knock on the door. "How you doin'?" Hog Eye came in.

"He's doing good," Fred answered for FP.

"He should be. He's the damn king of the Serpents for God's sake. Only he could reign in his queen."

FP smiled at the thought of Alice. He took a seat on a chair by the window. Tom came into the room to see what the men were up to. "Is there another bachelors party going on?" Tom joked.

"He's getting a breather," Fred said.

"Alice has always been scary."

"I know," FP tugged on his collar. "But I love the fire Al brings. She challenges me."

"You're her little Jonesy," Hog Eye pinched his cheek.

"Jonesy?" Tom arched an eyebrow. That was an interesting pet name.

"It was always Al and Jonesy," Hog Eye explained. That's all they would call each other at the Whyte Wyrm.

"Well Jonesy let's get you out there," Fred said holding back on a laugh.

"Shut up Freddie," FP rolled his eyes. He stood up and walked out the door.

"If we all get pet names can I be Tommy?" Tom followed him out. FP kept on walking. He stopped in the hall and looked around. He saw all the people filling up the seats.

"Go say hi to your in-laws," Hog Eye nudged him and pointed to her parents. Her parents saw him and were walking towards him. "They're coming." Hog Eye abandoned him and went to go find a seat. FP looked nervous to talk to them. Mr. Smith walked up to him to shake his hand proud of him. Mrs. Smith hugged him. "You look like quite the dapper."

"Thank you," FP cleared his throat. "You look beautiful yourself."

"Well we'll let you get going. The ceremony will be starting soon," Mr. Smith smiled. He went to go join the groomsmen and bridesmaids outside. Mrs. Smith went to go take a seat. FP took a deep breath and went to the altar. He was really doing it. He was going to marry the love of his life. He turned to look at the crowd full of friends and family. He was surprised when he saw that one man, his father, there. They locked eyes and his father went up to him.

"You came," FP was out of words. He hasn't seen him since he kicked him out at sixteen. He wanted to be the bigger man and patch things up between them so he sent him an invite.

"I know things have been bad between us but you're my son. There's nothing that would make me miss your wedding day. I hope this would create a fresh start for us."