Party

•••

•••

Alice was getting ready for Hermione's annual back to school party. She had usually gone with FP but after their brutal break up they have been distant. Alice found a connection with the school's golden boy, Hal Cooper. At first she was heartbroken over her departure from her first love. She would be lying if she said it wasn't real. It felt very real. The void growing inside her was just as real but a certain blonde boy patched up it up for her.

She puckered her lips and applied some of her red lipstick on. The color was always one of her favorites on herself. It was one that FP used to crave. He would gaze at her in awe. His eyes were drawn to red. It was love but lately it felt more like pain. She grabbed a wipe and wiped it off. She couldn't look at herself without picturing him by her side. She decided to not wear any lipstick. It didn't feel right to her for some reason. A knock on her bedroom door caused her eyes to drift to Hal. He was standing underneath the doorframe with his letterman jacket on and the brightest green eyes. "Hey," He leaned against the door. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," She blushed. She stood up and walked over to him. She pressed a kiss on his cheek. "Let's go before we're late." She dragged him out the front door. They climbed into his car and made their way to Hermione Gomez's house. It wasn't too far. They could hear the loud music as they got closer. The couple walked into the house hand in hand. A couple of drunk teenagers were scattered here and there. They were completely wasted. Drinks were everywhere and it was loud. There was a keg in the kitchen and in the backyard.

"Fred really hooked it up," Hal was excited to get a drink. A couple of his teammates were surrounding the one in the backyard. "I'll be right back. I'm going to go get us drinks." He pecked Alice on the lips and walked out the back door. Alice looked around and walked over to the couch to take a seat.

FP stood in the opposite corner of the room watching her. His eyes were drawn to her the second she walked in. He had a drink in his hand already. He was talking to Fred but found himself too distracted by the sight of Alice. His face was expressionless. He was trying to not look at her but he couldn't stop. Fred noticed he wasn't paying attention to him. He turned around to look at what he was looking at and realized it was Alice. "You still have the hots for her, don't you?" FP didn't say anything. He was hurt to see her with Hal out of all people. He was the one who could hold her. The one who could kiss her. The one who could love her. FP wanted to be the one to do that again.

"I want her back," FP put his cup on the table. He ditched Fred and walked over to her with courage. Alice looked up to see the teenage boy in the leather jacket. She glanced up at him then turned away. "Alice?"

"I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend now."

"Then why isn't he here showing you off instead of drinking outside with a bunch of idiots?" Alice knew he was right but chose to ignore him. She wanted to feel the same kind of love he felt with him. She couldn't feel the same spark she had with FP with Hal. "The second you walked in here he ditched you."

"He'll be back any second now."

"Yeah, he'll be back any second now." Hal stood behind him. He had two drinks in his hand. He handed one over to Alice like he said he would. "Now if you excuse us we have to go somewhere that's not here." Hal put his arm around her and escorted her to the backyard. FP stared at them. He wanted to do more but he felt immobilized yet he still followed them out. Alice could hear him. Hal stopped and turned around. "Dude, she's mine now. Fuck off." He smugly laughed. He had won and was rubbing it in his face.

"No," FP refused to.

"No?"

"No," FP shook his head. Hal lifted up his drink and poured it over FP's head. Alice gasped. He wiped his face and didn't react which surprised her. Hal wasn't done provoking him. He did what he could do and held Alice just to irritate him further. Others were expecting to see FP swing at Hal but instead he focused his attention on Alice. He wanted her back. He was willingly to take all the blame for why it didn't work out. "Alice," FP was determined to win her back.

"Don't," She shook her head. That didn't stop him and she knew that.

"Alice, I was an idiot. I know I was but I can't any longer. I can't go another day watching you with him instead of me."

"What are you getting at?"

"I want my girlfriend back." The girls in the background awed. "I'm sorry for everything. I promise I'll be a better boyfriend if you give me another chance. I'm an idiot but that's only because I love you. I never knew how to show you that I loved you and maybe that's why I lost you in the first place."

"You love me?" Alice never heard him tell her that he loved him.

"I love you Alice," FP approached her slowly. Alice ran into his arms to hug him. He kissed her without a care in the world.

"Hey," Hal was angry. FP lifted up his hand and gave him the middle finger. He was too busy kissing Alice to care. Hal stormed off and the crowd cheered.

"So what do you say to another chance?"

"I say," Alice pecked his lips once again. "Let's get out of here." He picked her up and carried her out bridal style.