Snoop

•••

•••

FP made his way to Alice's house around noon. He knew the kids were at school so they had the house to themselves. FP knocked on the door and she yanked him in. "Feisty," He smirked and shut the door behind him. He pressed her against the wall and kissed her hello. "It's been so long since we last got some time alone."

"And it was very much needed," She pushes him back so she could lead him to the couch. He follows her like a lost puppy. They stand over the couch and she gently pushes him down. He grabs her and pulls her down onto his lap. While they were in the middle of making out Alice's phone went off. Alice stopped and FP groaned. They just had to get interrupted. "Who is it?"

"I don't know," Alice shrugged. She picked up and pressed the phone against her ear. FP nibbled on her other ear. She splayed her fingers on his face and he smirked. He loved to tease her. "Yes this is she." Alice was on the phone with the sheriff. She rolled her eyes listening to him. FP moved her hand away and looked at her as she spoke on the phone. "She was? I'll have a talk with her later. Yes, I understand. Thank you."

"Who was that?"

"The sheriff. Apparently Betty and the beanie wearing kid-" Alice quoted Sheriff Minetta on his description of Jughead. "-were spotted snooping around at the hospital."

"What are our kids up to?" He sighed.

"We're going to have to talk to them when they get home." Alice tossed her phone to the side. She watched it flop on the cushion. It got her thinking. How come he didn't get a call? "Is he not going to call you too?"

"Man never liked me. He'd do anything to get his hands on my parole." FP rolled his eyes. "But a call would have been nice. I'd like to know what my kid is up to too."

"What's important is that we know and we'll have a talk with the kids later," Alice said. "Where were we?" She pulled him into another round of kisses. The front door opened and FP and Alice jumped off of each other. Betty and Jughead walked in mid conversation. The parents walked over to the door. Alice went straight to scolding both of them. "What is wrong with the two of you?"

"Dad?" Jughead questioned why his father was there.

"What's going on?" Betty asked.

"Sheriff Minetta called-"

"Called us both," Alice made sure to clarify. She looked at him. He looked back at her but went back to what he was saying. "Said he caught you snooping around Ben Button's room at the hospital."

"Dad, something weird is going on and no one wants to talk about it. Dilton came to me for help. You were there. I feel like I owe him something."

"Boy, you don't owe him anything. This has nothing to do with you."

"And you, Betty. This is exactly what Dr. Patel was talking about. Keep this up young lady and you'll have another seizure." Alice let it slip out thinking she had already told Jughead about it. Jughead looked at her concerned and Betty was angry with her mother.

"Seizure?" Jughead turned to face her. "Did you have a seizure and not tell me about it?"

"She most certainly did and it's because you keep dragging her into these murder investigations."

"You are unbelievably, mom." Betty threw her hands up in the air. She walked right passed her to her room upstairs. Jughead tried to follow behind to talk to her. "Betty."

Alice wasn't going to let him talk to her right now. She didn't think it was a good time. She put her arms out to block him from going up the stairs to Betty. "FP," She asked for his help. FP obeyed and reached for Jughead. "Don't even think about it. We're going home. Everyone needs to cool off." He opened the door and escorted his son out. Alice watched them leave and looked up towards the top of the stairs. This afternoon did not go the way they had planned.