Laundry

FP scanned the dryer for any last items left inside. He tossed a last pair of Jughead's socks into the basket and walked over to the counter. He began to fold everything inside when he heard a knock on the door. Jellybean poked her head in. "Daddy?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Can I have five bucks? Jug's going to Pop's when Betty comes and I want a milkshake."

FP reached into his back pocket for his wallet. He pulled out a crisp bill. Jellybean tried to grab it but he yanked it back. "Ah, ah, I want something sweet too. Give me a kiss."

"Daddy," She whined.

"Guess you don't want a milkshake," FP shrugged his shoulders. She tippy toed and pecked a kiss on his cheek as she put her hands on the bill. FP chuckled and slipped her hat down to cover her eyes. "Knock yourself out." He put his hand into the basket and pulled out Jughead's beloved beanie. "Give this to your brother while you're at it."

"It's like ninety degrees outside."

"Yeah well he wears the damn thing all the time." FP never saw this hat off of his head for more than a day. "He's a weird kid."

"I know." She giggled and ran off, shutting the door behind her. FP went back to folding while Jellybean wandered into the foyer and ran into Alice. "Hey, JB. Have you seen your father?"

"He's doing laundry," Jellybean pointed behind herself. "Did they leave already?"

"Thanks," Alice smiled. "And, no, they're outside waiting for you."

"Oh, alright." Jellybean waved. "Bye."

Alice went to go find FP. She opened the door and found FP, as expected, folding. "Oh how I love a man who can do laundry."

"Then it must be your lucky day, Al."

"Look at my man go," Alice stepped in and roped her arms around his middle. "Folding like there's no tomorrow."

"Oh yeah?" FP leaned down to kiss her.

"Mhmm," She smiled against his lips.

"I don't mean to brag but I am a pro."

"I wouldn't say that," Alice teased.

"And why not?" He gasped and put his hand on his hip. She couldn't help but notice the rag resting on his shoulder. Alice couldn't take him seriously. He looked so adorable yet so sexy to her. "I believe I'm the pro." Alice confidently stated with a cheeky smile.

"Is that so?" He smirked. "I don't believe any of you amateur laundry doers."

"I guess I have to prove myself to you."

"I was thinking the same thing. How about this? I finish up my things and we get started on my kids' things together. I take Jug and you get Jellybelly. The first to perfectly fold their clothes is the true pro amongst us."

"Okay, then. That's a deal." Alice walked to the door.

"Where you going?"

"If we're doing this I might as well get some laundry done too," She said before exiting. FP just laughed and continued to fold his clothes. He was done by the time Alice came back. He carried his things up to his bedroom while she shoved clothes into the washing machine.

"Look at my hard worker," FP leaned against the doorframe watching her. "Ready to lose?"

"In your dreams, Forsythe." She put the latch down. "While that gets washed let me beat you at this."

"You're on," FP grabbed a pile of Jughead's stuff and moved it to a different spot, leaving Alice with Jellybean's stuff. He got himself ready. "On your mark...get set...go." FP folded Jughead's stuff urgently. He peeked over his shoulder to see how Alice was doing. She was very calm and angelic about it. He put his attention back on folding. He wanted to win.

"Done," He yelled excitedly. He turned around to boast but saw her sitting on the counter with her pile finished next to her. "Finally," She yawned. "I finished ages ago."

FP gawked. He really thought he was in the lead. "Close your mouth, baby." Alice jumped off the counter. She shut it for him. "I know I'm that great."

FP looked at the washing machine. "Rematch," He proposed with her stuff now. "I'll show you."

"Whatever you say," She chortled. "I'll just win again and would have finished faster with you helping."

"I've got this."

"Sure," She teased. "You'll take my things and I'll handle Betty's."

"You're so on." His face was only inches away from hers. "I'll do better this time."

"You can try," Alice challenged. "But I established that I'm the pro."

Round 2 was looking more competitive. Alice sorted out the piles to prep their little petty battle. "Ready?"

"Obviously," FP was pumped. "Let's have a go at this once again."

"And...go!"

FP started with her undergarments. They were smaller and would get done faster. He set it aside when it was complete and began on her shirts. Alice started on tops and made her way to the bottoms. She folded and placed everything into her basket as she went. She finished and was ready to rub it in his face again. "I win-" She turned to face him. She was in shock. "-again?"

"I did great, didn't I?" He giddily smiled. He won this time.

"How did you?" She couldn't believe he got faster. "How?"

"I'm a pro at getting your clothes out of sight at top speed," He grinned like an idiot. "This was like that except I folded it."

"My, my, my." She shook her head. She chuckled and gestured for him to come over. She rewarded him a kiss. "You're a pro this one time."

"Eh, I'll take it." He didn't really care. He just had fun doing a boring chore with her. "You can be the pro."

"Good because I am."

The kids came back to the house after their trip to the diner to hear laughter coming from down the hall.

"How was your little...date?" Betty didn't know what to call it.

"Great," Alice glanced back at FP in awe. "I proved I was better at laundry."

"Nuh uh, it was a tie."

"I'm still scientifically proven to be better."

"How is that?" FP was definitely in love with this woman. It was all over his face.

"Science, duh."

"Anyway," FP looked back at the kids. "We had a great time."

"Doing laundry?" Jughead arched an eyebrow.

"Yup," Alice and FP both nodded.

"We just like doing stuff together," Alice said.

"Even the boring things," FP added in.