Thanksgiving

•••

•••

FP stopped at the grocery store after picking Jellybean up from school to run a few errands. She didn't mind. She wanted to sneak a few snacks into the cart when he wasn't looking.

"Daddy, will Jughead come home for Thanksgiving?"

"Of course," FP pushed the cart down the aisle. "We'll be seeing a lot of him. He's staying down here a little longer than he usually does."

Jellybean turned her head to look at the frozen turkeys in the meat department ahead. "Will the Coopers be having Thanksgiving dinner with us?"

"I don't see why not," FP hadn't thought much about it. He assumed the two families would share a meal, considering they were living under the same roof.

"Does that mean Charles is also coming?"

"He'll be there," FP answered and stopped walking to look at her. "Does it feel weird to know you have another brother?"

"It was at first, but it doesn't feel too different. He's always busy working, it's okay though. He's a cool FBI guy."

"I know it wasn't something you were expecting to come back home to. That and Betty and her mom living with us."

"It's not that bad," Jellybean assured him. "It's nice to have girls around. I could have been outnumbered by gross boys."

"Hey," FP gasped.

"No offense," She giggled.

"So you like them?" FP nonchalantly asked.

"They're nice. I was scared at first though. I thought they wouldn't like me."

"Why? You're my sweet baby girl," He trapped her in a bear hug. "Who wouldn't love my little Jellybelly?" He pecked a kiss on the top of her head.

"I know that now," Jellybean smiled. "Alice told me that you talked about me a lot."

"I did. I missed you so much."

"How could you not?"

"You definitely learned that from Al," FP chuckled. Jellybean looked up at him. She didn't think he realized he called her Al.

•••

Betty walked into the kitchen when FP was putting the groceries away. "Hi, Betty."

"Hey, Mr. Jones."

"You can call me, FP. It's okay." He knows things were still awkward around the house.