Shopping

•••

•••

"Look at all of the tiny clothes over there," Alice pointed as they walked into a baby store at the mall.

"Well if the clothes were any bigger I'd be very concerned," FP chuckled. Alice was tugging on his hand and led him deeper inside. She picked up a onesie hanging on the rack. "Look how precious this is. She's going to be this tiny."

"I wish the kids were still this small. Jughead is almost taller than me. It felt like just yesterday he was a tiny little baby in my arms." FP didn't like how his son was already close to being an adult.

"I know," Alice pouted. "I remember when I used to be able to fit Betty in one of these."

FP turned around and something caught his eye. He just had to buy it for their baby girl. Alice saw him pick it up and she shook her head no with a chuckle. "Come on. She'd look just like her daddy in this." FP waved the radiator glasses and bandana in front of her.

"Honey I don't even like it on you," Alice teased.

"Correct me if I'm mistaken but aren't these the reason we're here in the first place," FP smirked. Alice smacked his chest and rolled her eyes. He laughed and rubbed her belly where their daughter was. "Mommy just doesn't know what's cool anymore. Don't worry that's why you have me."

"You're such a goof."

"A cool goof," FP pointed a finger gun at her and winked. She turned away and walked down the aisle. "I don't know you."

"Come on baby. Don't be like that," FP caught up to her in the shoes section. He picked up a pair of black booties. "Can she at least have these?" They looked a lot like a pair of his combat boots.

"These are cute," Alice put them in the basket.

"Now that we've had our fun drooling over baby clothes. We really do need to look at car seats and pick out a crib." FP held her hand and lead her to the car seat aisle first. "This one looks nice."

"I like this one," Alice touched the one next to the one he was looking at.

"But this one has little duckies on it."

"This one has pretty flowers on it."

"Duckies are cuter," FP crossed his arms.

"Fine how about we compromise?" Alice said. She picked up the car seat she wanted for their daughter. "We'll compromise and get this one."