Chap 1

July 17th.. oh what a night.. Sam rowed me over to the island..

We danced on the beach.. and we kissed on the beach and dot dot dot..

****
2 and 1/2 weeks later, Donna stood on the docks, with tear filled eyes.. She watched as Sam boarded the ferry back to the mainland. His eyes begged for forgiveness, but her heart had been broken into a million pieces. She wasn't about to forgive him for not telling her he was.. Engaged to be married!

'I never want to see to you again!' She yelled as she threw his overnight bag at him'

She turned with a heavy sigh walking back up to the old goat house. She felt used, betrayed.. her heart was broken. I'll never love again.. she vowed.

When we first met
I never thought that I would fall
I never thought that I'd find myself
Lying in your arms
And I want to pretend that it's not true
Oh baby, that you're gone
'Cause my world keeps turning, and turning, and turning
And I'm not moving on

Donna flopped down on her bed and buried her face in her hands sobbing uncontrollably.

Why did she have to fall for him? Was it his piercing blue eyes? His sexy as hell smile? Tone tanned body? Was it the way he kissed? Was it the way he loved her when they made love? His touch? His touch that sent shivers down her spine. Was it the way with just a slight touch of his hand he could calm her every fear? Sam totally ruined Donna for any other guy.

Don't wanna feel another touch
Don't wanna start another fire
Don't wanna know another kiss
No other name falling off my lips

Donna cried herself to sleep hoping that when she woke, it would have all been just a bad dream.. and Sam would be lying next to her with his arms protectively, possessively wrapped around her. Her face nuzzled in the crease of his neck taking in the scent of his cologne.

Don't wanna give my heart away
To another stranger
Or let another day begin
Won't even let the sunlight in
No, I'll never love

Donna woke with a jolt, she turned, but Sam wasn't there. Her nightmare was real. Sam no longer was there to calm her fears of being alone again.

'I'll never love another guy the way I love Sam Carmichael.' She said as she laid backed down and rolled on her side again as tears fell.

Song: I'll Never Love Again from A Star is Born.