Chap 101

Sam took a two week leave to stay home with Donna. And Donna was grateful for those two weeks, just wish it had been longer. After the first 2 weeks, there were days he'd go into work late, or come home early. He was trying.

Sams mom would drop by on occasion to check on her or just take Sophie off and go do fun things with her. Having a three year old can be exhausting. She was into everything, into Donna's makeup, talking up a storm, asking questions, trying to help with Shayla. She got Donna flustered at times. Her nerves were wrecked because of everything.

Sam wanted to take them out for dinner and to see the new Dumbo movie. Sophie loved elephants. It was her favorite animal to visit at the zoo. She would always go around the house making elephant noises and using her arm as her trunk.

Sam had booked them reservations at the little Italian restaurant down from the movie theater. Donna held Shayla. She had fallen asleep in the car. She closed her eyes taking in her fresh baby scent. The sting of loosing the baby struck her at that moment.

Sam noticed her tears. It wasn't anything new. She would cry sometimes when she'd see a happy pregnant woman, or a mother with their newborn. Sam got upset with her one time. He asked her why does she always get so upset? She didn't want the baby to begin with. She got pissed and Sam slept on the couch that night. She would never wished any ill fate over the baby.

Sophie was squirming in her seat.

'Baby do you have to go potty?' Donna asked.

'Uh huh' She said concentrating on not peeing in her panties. The look on her face made Donna chuckle. She passed Shayla over to Sam.

Looking in the mirror she could tell she had lost weight. You could see it in her face. Her cheeks sunk in and she was pale. She needed the ocean. She needed home. She needed Kalokairi.

They were swinging their hands as they walked back up to their table. Donna stopped when she saw that the waitress had made herself comfortable in Donna's seat across from Sam flirting with him and making Shayla laugh.

Shayla saw Donna and leaned over trying to get out of Sams arms to get to her mamma. Donna walked up and took Shayla from Sam. Cutting her eyes down at him.

'I think your in my seat.' She said to the waitress.

'Welp, you girls ready?' He said not wanting to get into it with Donna. He didn't feel like a shouting match. Honestly he just wanted his wife back.

Sam was carrying a sleeping Sophie as he held the door open for Donna holding a sleeping Shayla.

They got both girls changed and into bed without them waking up. Donna checked on them one more time before she headed off to her room.

She headed into the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. She stepped into the warm
inviting shower. She let the water run down her body washing away the stress of the day. She ran her hand over her stomach as she washed her body. She looked down. She would have been about six months pregnant by now. She'd be feeling the baby kicks and hiccups. She let herself cry. Sam could hear her in the bathroom. It broke his heart she was still hurting. But he couldn't comfort her. She wouldn't let him. He'd try and wrap his arms around her but she would always turn away.

Donna was stepping out of the shower as he walked into the bathroom. They locked eyes. She looked skeletal stepping out of the shower. Her hips bones stuck out, her arms were thin. You could still see faint bruises around her waist and upper body. The only parts of her body that look healthy were her breast. Only because she was still nursing.

He handed her a towel. She wrapped it around herself walking past him.

Sam walked into the bedroom as she was pulling her tank top over her chest. He so wanted to take her in his arms and make love to her but she wasn't ready and she told him she wasn't.

They climbed in bed at the same time. Her back was to Sam. He kissed her shoulder and rolled over his back facing hers.

'I love you sweetheart.' He rolled over on his back. He turned his head in her direction.

She slowly rolled over. 'I want to go home. I want to go home to Kalokairi.' She said tears in her eyes.