Chap 3

'Wow this place is heaven' Tanya said taking in the beauty of the island.

'I'm moving here!' Rosie piped in.

Donna laughed. 'I'm never going back to New York. This is where I'm going live the rest of my life!'

Donna bolted for the nearest bush and threw up her lunch. 'Oh my God. I don't know what is up with me! I must have a stomach virus.' Tanya and Rosie looked at each other with concern.

'Darling, how long have you had nausea and vomiting?' Tanya asked.

'Um, maybe a few days. Why?' Asked Donna.

'And you're always starving and then get sick after?' Rosie questioned her friend.

'Yea.. so..' Donna looked confused at her two friends.

Tanya put a hand on Donna's shoulder. 'How long has Sam been gone?' Donna frowned at the mention of his name.

'To long' tears started forming in her eyes. 'Listen, y'all are here to cheer me up, not open old wounds.'

'Oh Donna I'm sorry but I'm putting two and two together and I don't think you have just a stomach virus.' Rosie looked sympathetically at her friend.

'Sweetheart, we think your pregnant.' Tanya said looking at Donna with concerned eyes.

Donna choked on her friends words. 'No I'm not! I haven't been with anyone since.. Sam left. And we were careful.' She giggled 'Most of the time' She blushed. 'And he's the only guy I've slept with.. And he's been gone for like 6 or 7 weeks now.. ' her words trailed off when she to started putting two and two together.

'Oh my God' She placed her hand on her stomach. 'This can't be happening. I can't .. not now. He's engaged. He's in New York. I told him I never wanted to see him again! I can't have his child and it be a daily reminder of someone I can't have..' she threw her hands up in the air pacing back and forth. 'This is some cruel trick of fate or something!'

'Donna, women have babies all the time' Rosie stopped her from freaking out.

'But I'm only 20, I have more schooling I want to do, I don't have a steady job. I have no money. How can I raise a child when sometimes I don't even know where my next meal is going to come from?' She was in total panic mode tears rolling down her cheeks.

Tanya pulled her friend into a hug. 'Don't worry, we will be here with you. You don't have to do this alone'

She finally let out the deep breath she had been holding. She placed her hand on her stomach. 'It looks like its just gonna be you and me kid' She gave  a weak smile to her friends.

'Hey, us too!' Rosie proclaimed!

They all laughed as they walked up to the Villa.