Chap 67

Donna wiggled her way out of Sams arms. She was trying to get dressed for dinner, but he had other things he wanted to do and it didn't require putting clothes on.

'Sam stop' he kissed her neck. 'We have to get dressed. We are meeting your family for dinner in a little over a hour.' She buttoned her blouse back up.

Talking into their neck in between kisses. 'I only need about 20 minutes or so of your body.. I mean of your time.' She was enjoying his touches. 'I haven't seen you a week.'

She snapped out of it and pushed him away from her. 'Sam, later!' She shoved him into the bathroom. 'Go take a cold shower.'

Sam walked into the bathroom rejected.

They arrive at the restaurant over a hour later. They walk through the restaurant to the back and was greeted by Sams family.

'So sorry were late. Shayla needed to be fed.' She looked over at Sam who was grinning. Shayla was their excuse. Sam got what he wanted and poor Shayla was their cover up.

Vivian took the baby from Donna. 'Oh it's alright. She's got to eat to.' She smothered the infant in kisses.

Sams brother stood up and greeted them. He tickled Sophie's tummy causing her to giggle. He introduced his girlfriend to Donna.

Finally George stood up. He hugged Donna 'You do make my son happy.' Donna gave him a slight smile.

They sat around talking and drinking wine. Shayla was passed around the table. Sophie stayed between Sam and Donna. They told family stories and embarrassed Sam and his brother. Their stories sent Donna and Stacey into fits of laughter.

The brothers were telling stories and trying to one up each others story. Stories about school, sports and girls.

Donna looked around the table. She finally had a family. A husband that loved her, 2 beautiful happy healthy little girls. Her life was content.

'Where is your family? Do you have any brothers or sisters?' Stacey asked Donna. The table grew quite.

'Umm.. I haven't seen my mom in 5 years. I'm an only child. I haven't seen my mom since I left for college in Paris. We never really had a close relationship. The stage was her companion. And I don't know who my father is.' Donna looked down.

'Your mother is a singer?' Sams brother asked.

'Something like that. She's got a show in Vegas.'

'When I told her I was pregnant with Sophie and not married.. and the father left.' They all look at Sam. 'She told me to not bother coming home.' She looked over at Sam. 'So I didn't. I moved to Greece and had Sophie.'

'I was the ass that left her.' Sam looked sheepishly. 'In my defense, I didn't know she was pregnant. If I had known, I would have never left her'

'I've got Sam and my girls. They are all I need.'

'Sweetheart you also have us. We love you as if you were one of our own. We are so happy to have you in our family. You have made Sam so happy and you have given us two beautiful granddaughters.' Vivian said bringing tears to Donna's eyes.

'Your mother is missing out. You a wonderful young lady and those girls are so precious.' George said taking the table of people by surprise.

'He's right, I am missing out.' The table looked up to see a very over the top dressed platinum blonde wearing sunglasses standing in front of their table.

'Mom!' Donna said choking on her wine.