Chap 35

Christmas Day.

With visions of sugar plum fairies still dancing in their head. The little family was still sleeping and it was almost 9 o'clock in the morning. Donna was laying comfortably on her said facing Sam. Sam laid on his back and Sophie laid sideways in between them sprawled out with her head on Donna's pillow and a foot on Sams chest.

Two tiny hands touched Donna's face bringing her out of her deep sleep. She opened her eyes to have Sophie's face just inches from hers. Sophie gave her mommy a nice wet baby kiss and laid her head on Donna's chest hugging her. Donna rubbed her back. 'Aw.. good morning sweet baby girl.' Sophie snuggled up to Donna. Donna kissed the top of her head and closed her eyes. Her eyes flew back open at the loud snore that Sam had just let out. Sophie jumped and looked over at Sam wide eyed. Donna couldn't help but laugh. Sam opened his eyes and looked at Donna laughing.

'What's so funny?' He took Sophie's pacifier out of her mouth as if she was going to answer.

'You just scared the crap out of your daughter.'

Sophie crawled over to him and took her pacifier out of Sams hand and put it back in her mouth.

'How?'

'You snoring about tore the roof from its rafters!'

'I don't snore!' Acting offended.

'Oh ok. Whatever you say..'

Sam pulled her closer to him squishing Sophie in between them.

'Merry Christmas sweetheart.' He leaned in to kiss Donna. Sophie pushed Donna back and she put her chubby hands on Sams cheeks and gave him a wet baby kiss.

'Oh.. I see how it is.' She started tickling Sophie. 'You trying to steal mommy's man?'

'Ladies ladies.. there's enough of me to go around' He smiled and leaned back in to give Donna a kiss.

'Oh please!' As she pushed him back.

'Hey, let's go see what Santa left. Have you been a good girl?' Donna asked Sophie who smiled and clapped her hands.

Sam picked Sophie up off the bed and carried her into the living room.

Someone must have been a good girl because Santa came and left a ton of toys under the tree.

Sophie wiggled out of his arms and ran over to the tree squealing the whole time. She plopped down in front of the tree pulling at presents.

'Whoa whoa.. little missy. Here let mommy help you.' Donna pulled Sophie into her lap.

Sophie started tearing into packages. Tossing the clothes to the side. After opening a present she'd sit and play with it a few minutes before moving on to another gift. Sam sat back watching them thanking God they had Sophie and that Donna had given him another chance.

Sophie ran over to the little white BMW ride toy. She got in and started pushing buttons. The motorized toy jerked and knocked into just about everything in its way.

Sam motioned for Donna to come and sit by him on the couch. Donna nearly sat in his lap that's how close she was to him. He gave her a very slow passionate filled kissed.

'Wow, what was that for?' She said trying to catch her breath.

He had a mistletoe hung over her head. His eyes looked upward and she tilted her head back to see the mistletoe hanging above her head. She smiled and leaned over and gave him another heated kiss. His hands started moving up her thighs and up under her nightgown.

She pulled back. 'Um.. child in the room. We've got to keep this stuff rated G.' 

He backed away but kept his hand on her thigh up under her nightgown.

'So.. I know we said we weren't going to give each other gifts for Christmas. I mean, you have bought me way to much already. But I do have something for you.' She said biting her lip. 'So..'

'Baby why are you so nervous?' He took her hand. She looked over at Sophie playing in the wrapping paper trash with all her new toys. She's still just a baby herself.

Donna took Sams hand and slid it up under nightgown and placed it on her bare tummy. She put her hand on his and looked up into his eyes.

'Merry Christmas daddy.'

It took Sam a few minutes to realize what she had just said. A huge smile spread across his lips. He pulled Donna to him and kissed her feverishly.

He placed his hand back on her tummy. 'You're pregnant?'