Chap 38

Donna tried waiting up for Sam so they could talk, but the late hour took over her and she fell asleep on the couch with Sophie laying in her arms.

She had picked up Sophie making an excuse as to why Sam wasn't with her.

Sam stumbled through the penthouse door. A little on the drunk side. Dropping his keys on the hardwood floor the loud sound caused Donna to jump. She lifted Sophie up on her shoulder and stood up from the couch. She looked back at Sam as she walked down the hall to lay Sophie down in her crib.

Sam slumped down on the couch where Donna had been sitting. A few minutes later she walked back into the living room.

'You look like shit.' She said sitting next to him.

'I feel like it too.' He looked down avoiding eye contact with her.

They sat in silence for a few moments.

She turned to him. 'Sam you have to know that seeing that woman hitting on you brought up a hella alot of memories of you leaving me.'

He looked over at her and could see that she had been crying. 'Not to mention. My hormones are all over the place.' She took his hand.

Feeling a chill she shivered. Sam noticed and walked over and started a fire in the fireplace.

'Sam I love you and I can be a very jealous woman.' She gave a embarrassed smile. 'If you haven't noticed.'

He sat back down beside her. She leaned over to lay her head on his shoulder.

'Donna you have to know that your the only woman I want.'

'I do know that but..'

'But nothing. That girl at the bar did nothing for me. I don't even know what she was saying. I don't look or ever listen to them. I am usually thinking about you and how I just want to get you home and make love to you. Or I'm thinking about how you look when your holding our daughter. Your my every thought.'

Donna laid her head in Sam's lap as his hand went to rest on her round baby bump.

Baby When you light those candles
Up there on that mantle
Setting the mood
I just lie there staring, silently preparing
To love on you
I can feel the heat from across the room
Ain't it wild what a little flame can make you wanna do

Sam got up and pulled her up with him. He hugged her before picking her up in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Their lips came together for a slow passionate kiss.

'I love you.' She said before kissing him again.

I melt
Every time you look at me that way
It never fails
Any time, any place
This burn in me is the coolest thing that I've ever felt
I melt

'I love you.' He said before walking them back to their bedroom.

Don't know how you do it
I love the way I lose it every time
And what's even better
Is knowing that forever you're all mine
The closer you get, the more my body aches
One little stare from you is all it takes
I melt..

I Melt by Rascal Flatts