Chap 69

Sam holds the door open for Donna holding a sleeping Sophie. Sam lays her down in her crib taking of her sandals. Donna passes Shayla to Sam. Donna gently undresses Sophie, changes her diaper and slips on her pajamas. Rolls her back over on her tummy tucking her blankie around her. Sam watched in amazement. If it had been him, Sophie would have woken up and there would have been no getting her back to sleep.

Donna took Shayla back from him. She walked into the bathroom and wet a warm washcloth. Wiping her down, changing her diaper and putting her pajamas on. She grabbed her blanket and pacifier and sat in the rocking chair. She fed her, burped her, and rocked her. Donna laid the sleeping baby in her crib. Checked again on Sophie. Checked the baby monitor and turned off the lights.

She walked into their bedroom as Sam was walking out of the bathroom. She walked over to him and gave him a tight hug.

'Thank you for earlier.' Referring to her using his shoulder to cry on.

'Anytime.' He winked at her. 'I ran you some bath water.' She kissed him.

'You spoil me Carmichael.' He started unbuttoning her blouse.

'Let me help you with that.' She slapped his arm and walked off into the room.

'I think I can manage to undress myself.' She shut the door locking it.

Sam heard the lock click. 'Come on, really?' Donna laughed from on the other side of the door.

About 45 minutes later Donna emerged from the bathroom feeling better and looking relaxed. She sat next to Sam on the bed. He wrapped his arm around her pulling her close to him. She laid her head on his shoulder and draped her arm across her torso.

'I can't believe she had the nerve to walk up to me like that.'

'She's your mother. I'm pretty sure she feels like shit about how she treated you. But seeing how you took hold of your life and made it perfect.'

'You know, I was fine with no response from my letter to her. I sent it right after the baby was born.'

'What made you want to send it?'

'I don't know. I guess part of me just wanted to rub it in that even after she left me with nothing, I now had everything.'

Sam held Donna tight. She looked up at him. Her eyes were filled with hurt, love and lust. He lowered his lips to hers. Donna responded by moving to straddle his lap. She took his face in her hands kissing him deeply. His hands slid up her thighs up under her robe. He grabbed her bare ass and pulled her closer to him. Sam trailed kisses across her collarbone and down her chest. Donna wrapped her arms around Sams neck running her fingers through the hair on the back of his head. He untied her robe pushing the cotton material off her shoulders. He kissed her chest and cupped her breast in both hands. Gently massaging them. He let one hand slid down between them trying to free himself from his pants. She could feel his arousal begging to be released from his pajama bottoms. She sat up on her knees allowing Sam to push his pants off. He grabbed her hips and lowered her body onto to his. Donna let out a soft moan as she slid down onto him. Sam himself closed his eyes as he felt himself move within her. Their bodies were moving in perfect rhythm. Sam laid them down on the bed as he laid on top of her.

'Sam..' Donna managed breath out.

'Mmmm..' was all he could say as he thrust in and out of her. Donna wrapped a leg around Sams waist lowering himself further into her.

Donna moaned in pleasure as she felt him move in deeper.

The love making was slow and loving. Not just something in the heat of the moment. It was two people deeply in love making love to one another, giving each other pleasure. It wasn't two people just having sex. Tonight it was two people loving one another unconditionally.