Chap 125

Sam was standing in a crowd talking about architectural things. He was sipping on champagne. Donna had excused herself to go to the bathroom.

A short time later Donna came wobbling over to Sam rather quickly.

Donna grabbed Sams arm. 'We need to go.' She said in a panic. 'My water broke!'

The crowd of people looked at her. You could tell she looked scared, she was starting to sweat. She grabbed her stomach.

'Oh my God!' Sam said handing his flute of champagne to the nearest person. 'You're in labor.' He took ahold of her. 'Excuse me, we've gotta go!'

'Yes, we need to get to the hospital like now.' She turned around and started walking towards the exit. 'I'm not having this baby here.'

Traffic in the city was horrible. The driver kept turning down roads with heavy traffic.

'Sam..' Donna screamed. 'He's coming.' Her breathing became heavy. 'I'm not having this baby in the backseat of the car.'

'And I'm not delivering another one.'

Sam asked the driver to please hurry. With this being her third child, he could come rather quickly.

They had finally made it to the hospital 45 minutes later. On any other day, it would have been a 15 minute drive. With it being New Years, traffic was horrible and some roads were blocked.

They rushed into the hospital.

'We need a doctor! She's in labor.' Sam yelled as he walked Donna up to the receptions desk. Her water broke almost a hour ago.'

Two nurses came out with a wheel chair and got Donna situated while Sam checked her in.

Within 30 minutes Donna was laid up in her private room hooked up to fetal monitors chomping on ice chips. Sam nervously paced the room. The epidural had already kicked in and Donna was relaxed.

The doctor came in and checked her cervix. He looked at Sam and told him he'd be right back. The baby is crowning. Time for the little guy to enter the world.

Sam looked at the clock on the wall. It was 12:45.

He sat next to Donna. 'Last New Years Eve we were having sex at the piano, this year we're having a baby.'

She smiled and the monitors went off. She was having a contraction and it was a strong one.

'Sam go get the doctor. I think he is for real coming.'

As Sam got up the nurses and doctors came rushing in.

'Alright Mrs Carmichael you ready to have this baby. You ready to start pushing?'

'I'm just ready to meet my son.'

Sam took Donna's hand and she squeezed it as a contraction hit as she pushed.

She laid back on the pillow tired, her breathing heavy. 'I can't do this. It hurts. He's to big!'

Sam turned her face to him. 'Yes you can, you've delivered two perfect little girls without medication. You're the toughest and strongest woman I know. I love you sweetheart.'

'Sam this one hurts. I can feel everything it's like the medication isn't working anymore.'

'Baby come on. Just a few more pushes. It's not that much.'

'How about you push then.' She said angry at Sam cause he was acting like she wasn't in pain.

'You ready to push?' The doctor asked Donna as she shook her head no. 'Come on, lets get this baby out.'

Donna gave 3 good pushes. On the last push she screamed and then fell back on to the hospital bed.

A small loud cry filled the room. 'You did it,' Sam said while he wiped her sweaty forehead and gave her lips a sweet kiss.

She started crying and put her hands to her face. She was exhausted.

Sam looked at the clock. 1:01am on January 1st.

The doctor laid the crying baby on Donna's chest. Sam leaned down and gave her a deep passionate kiss.

'Happy New Year Sweetheart.' She touched his face as he gave her another kiss before kissing his sons dark hair.

Welcome to the world little Samual Alexander aka: Baby Sam. Born at 1:01 on 1/1 He is the spitting imagine of his daddy. With Sam's dark hair and baby blue eyes. He weighed 9 pounds and 6 ounces.

What a way to bring in the New Year.