Chap 33

Their official engagement was announced. It made the society paper in the New York Times with Sam being the richest most eligible bachelor in New York. He was now off the market. Although the had been off the market for quite sometime now with him only loving one woman.

Halloween and Thanksgiving came and went and Sophie was able to come home to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family. Although it was short lived as Sophie developed an upper respiratory infection that sent her back to the hospital.

Their ultimate goal was to have Sophie home for Christmas. Sophie had been approving and getting better and stronger everyday. The doctors were all amazed at how well she was taking to the treatment. They were pretty sure she wouldn't be spending her second birthday in the hospital.

Donna had been feeling quite tired and worn down lately. If she wasn't staying at the hospital with Sophie she'd be in bed before Sam sometimes got home from the office.

Donna rolled over and slowly opened her eyes feeling like someone was watching her. A smile spread across her face. Sam leaned over a planted a soft wet kiss on her lips.

'Good morning sleeping beauty.'

'Oh my God was I asleep when you got home again? Babe I'm so sorry.' She kissed and snuggled  up closer to him. 'I've just been so tired lately.'

'I knew spending so much time at the hospital and trying to be strong Sophie would eventually take it toll on you.' He kissed her temple. 'I'll go sit with Sophie today and I'll treat you to a much needed spa day.'

'Sam, I can't do that. I think Sophie would miss me.' She pouted.

'If Sophie has daddy then Sophie doesn't miss mommy.'

'Whatever! Ok, I'll go make me and appointment. But I will be up at the hospital as soon the paint drys on my nails!' She kissed him before walking into the bathroom to get ready.

Donna walked in the full service salon. ' Ms Sheridan. I have an appointment for hair, massage, facial, mani and pedicure. The works!!' She smiled as the lady escorted her back to her private room.

The lights were dimly lit. Scented candles were burning and making Donna's stomach churn. She asked if those could be put out. It was making her sick to her stomach. She undressed and slipped into the soft cotton robe provided. She sat back in the chair and laid her head back propping up her feet. Just as she was about to doze off a wave of nausea over took her and sent her running for the bathroom.