Chap 56

Donna took a shower trying relax. She had been having more and more contractions lately so she had called her doctor to schedule an appointment. She had forgotten that appointment was today. So it was a good thing that Sam had came home so he could watch Sophie.

She wrapped her robe around her and towel dried her hair. She took a deep breath and walk into the room.

Sam and Sophie were laying on the bed. Sophie was drifting back off to sleep with Sam rubbing her back.

Donna glared at him, but smiled when she saw that Sophie was drifting back off to sleep. She sat on the edge of the bed and leaned over to kiss Sophie's cheek. She stood back up not acknowledging Sams puckered lips.

'I need you to watch her today.' She walked into the closet to find something to wear. 'I forgot I had an appointment this morning.'

'Let me get dressed and I'll come with you.' He started to get up.

'No! I mean it's just a regular check up. Check my vitals and all that. Plus she's going back to sleep and I don't want to wake her.' She pulled her sundress over her head. 'She didn't sleep well while you were gone. So maybe since your home she'll take a good long nap.'

'Honey, I'm sorry for earlier.' She didn't stop what she was doing. 'But you try being thousands of miles across the ocean and you hear a male voice on the other end of the line..'

'I did hear another voice on the line too..' she stopped. 'Remember.. I was going crazy here thinking about her trying to sink her claws in you knowing that I was across the ocean and she had you all to yourself.'

'But nothing happened nor would anything every happen.' He stood walking over to her.

'I know nothing happened because you got jealous thinking I was here doing god knows what with Harry!' She was getting upset. She had to tell herself to calm down.

'Baby I didn't know it was your gay friend..'

'No, you just flew off the handle and about beat him to death.'

'Ok, so I walk out of the bathroom and there's a guy sitting on MY bed with MY wife bringing her breakfast in bed.. and I'm not suppose to want to jump the guy?' He started raising his voice.

'You could have asked questions..'

'I did ask a question.. I asked who the hell are you..'

'And before we could explain, you had him pinned to the floor..'

'I don't know why your making me out to the bad guy here. I guess I'm just the jealous husband that didn't like seeing his pregnant wife getting attention from another man in OUR bedroom.'

'I cant do this right now. I have to get of my appointment.'

She tried to walk past him but he grabbed her arm. He pulled her to him hugging her tight. She melted in his arms.

'Why do you have this effect on me. I'm mad as hell at you, but I'm weak when you hold me like this.' She looked up at him.

He smiled and kissed her lips. 'Be careful going to the mainland. I don't want to get a call you went into labor and I have swim across the ocean to get to you.'

She kissed him, grabbed her purse and walked out the door.