Wedding Day

The sun was starting to set. Sam was waiting for Donna at the edge of the ocean. Sophie walked down to her daddy barefoot with little flowers in her hair, in her cute little pale pink flower girl dress.

Donna walked down and stood beside Sam. Her gown was beaded, loose fitting, it flowed as she walked. The neckline was low, the back also was cut low. The dress was pregnancy appropriate. Her hair was up with loose hairs falling around her face.

Sam took her hand and kissed her cheek 'Wow, you look absolutely stunning.' Donna blushed. Sophie stood between her parents and wrapped an arm around Sams leg to steady herself in the sand.

The preacher spoke 'Donna and Sam... you are placing yourself , your life and your love into the hands of the one who loves you with all their heart. To the whole world you are but one person, but to each other you are the whole world.'

' Please join hands.'
Sam took Donna's hands in his.

'You are holding the hands of your best friend,
young and strong, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and, as in today, tears of joy.
These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children, the hands that will hold your family as one. These are the hands that will give you strength. These are the hands that will reach for yours over the years, with the same unspoken tenderness you feel on this, your wedding day.'

At this point Donna had tears running down her cheeks. She tried to compose herself before speaking.

'Sam, In your eyes, I have found my home. In your heart, I have found my love. In your soul, I have found my mate. With you, I am whole, full, alive. You make me laugh. You let me cry. You are my breath, my every heartbeat. To me, your love is like water. It is shapeless and it is formless but it is also peaceful, yet so strong. You cannot live without water – and I cannot live without you. You are my heart. I promise to support you, through thick and thin. I cannot wait to walk back down that aisle so that I can start the rest of my life with you by my side.'

He kissed her softly before speaking.

'Donna, from the moment I first saw you, I knew you were the one with whom I wanted to share my life. Your beauty, heart, and mind inspire me to be the best person I can be. I promise to love you for eternity, respecting you, honouring you, being faithful to you, and sharing my life with you. I want to be your lover, your companion and your best friend for the rest of my life. I promise to love and cherish you, to keep you close. To be your support and help in times of need, to make you laugh and to hold you when you cry and to always show you the respect and honor you so deserve until I close my eyes on this Earth for the very last time.'

Sophie had sat down and started playing in the sand.

'Now hand in hand, heart to heart, soul with soul, the two of you will walk through life. In a look, a smile, a feeling, a tender touch, you will feel your loving connection. It is said that the only thing that truly matters in life is to LOVE and to BE LOVED. Let your love lead the way, and may your hearts always find their way home. Sam, Donna, it gives me great joy to pronounce you husband and wife.
Sam, you may now kiss your bride.'

Sam took Donna's face tenderly in his hands and placed a softly kiss on her lips. He pulled back to see that she still had her eyes closed wanting more. She opened her eyes and grabbed Sams face and gave him a kiss that left him weak in the knees.

The Dynamos both squealed a d Sophie craved her daddy's attention. Sam picked her up in his arms as Donna and Sam kissed both her cheeks.

'Ladies.. I am proud to present Mr. and Mrs. Sam Carmichael.. and Sophie too!'