Chap 100

After staying a week in the hospital, Donna was eager to get home to her own bed and her girls. Over the last few weeks the accident and loosing the baby had put a strain on Sam and Donna's relationship.

Sam had brought the girls up a couple of times. But found it difficult for them wanting to be with Donna and Donna being in a lot of pain. She and Sam had argued on a few occasions because she didn't care if she was injured. She's still their mother and they needed her and she needed them. Shayla wasn't taking formula from a bottle causing stress on Sam and Shayla. The hospital allowed Donna to express her milk, because she was refusing to take pain medicine of any kind anyway, so Sam could still feed Shayla. Being 10 months old it's hard to change her eating habits just like that.

Sam held the door open for Donna. She slowly walked in and walked over to the couch taking a seat. She propped her legs up on the coffee table.

'Can I get you anything?' Sam asked before walking down the hall to put her bags in their room.

'No I'm fine thank you.' She said quietly.

He walked back in the living room and sat beside her on the couch. She rested her head on her hand. Sighing she looked over at Sam.

'When are your parents bringing the girls home?'

'They should be here any minute now. But I really think they should keep them one more day. Or we can get Ms. Betty to come back and stay with you until your completely healed.'

'Why are you not going to take any time off to be here with me?' She looked over at him.

'I am, but I can't take 4-6 weeks off. I have a company to run.'

'I see. So you can fly half way around the world looking for me, staying in the old goat house waiting for me to return. What were your plans if I had come home? Were you going to stay in Kalokairi or were you going to try and have me come here?

'I had never thought about it really. I just wanted to be with you and tell you how sorry I was for hurting you.'

'Not to mention you stayed several months when Sophie was sick.'

'That's different.'

'Different? So you're willing to take a leave of absence from work for several months because your child's sick, but your wife gets in a car accident, loosing our baby, with only a 4-6 weeks recovery, ontop of having two kids to take care of, and it's back to work you go?!'

Tension filled the room. They just glared at each other. Donna finally spoke.

'You don't need to be here with me, I'll manage. I have in the past. The accident was all my fault anyway. Just like everything else that has happened to us.' She was referring to loosing the baby.

Sam was getting aggravated because she kept blaming herself for the accident and for loosing their son.

'Damit Donna, they accident was not your fault. Stop blaming yourself!' He shouted.

She narrowed her eyes.

She could hear the sound of little feet hitting the hardwood floor and it brought an instant smile to her face. She turned her glare from Sam and focused on the flurry of blonde curls running full force towards her.

'Mommy!'

'Hey hey.. slow down. Mommy still has owies.' He held out his hand to stop her from jumping on Donna. Donna shot him a look.

'Mommy's owies would never keep her from loving on my big girl.' Sophie climbed up in her lap and they hugged each other tight. Kissing Sophie's soft curls. Donna's face twisted in pain. Sam looked at her.

Vivian came walking in with Shayla. As soon as she saw Donna she squealed. Trying to get down. Sam stood and took her from his mother. He sat back down on the couch and she wiggled out of his arms heading straight to Donna. She climbed in Donna's lap joining Sophie. Shayla laid her head on Donna shoulder loving on her mamma. Donna closed her eyes hugging her baby girl.

You could see the girls had brought Donna out of her shitty mood she had been in. Her girls were her world. Sam sat back and watch the trio laughing and smiling. He knows now that the girls were going to be the best medicine for Donna. For him, it's going to take awhile before they get back to the Sam and Donna they were before the accident.