Chap 45

Stepping onto the dock Donna instantly felt herself relax, not worry about Sophie, the baby.. the wedding. She closed her eyes and tilted her face up to the sun. A pair of tiny arms wrapped around her legs bringing Donna back to the moment. Before Donna could scoop her up, Sophie took off running down the dock.

'Sam get her!' Donna shouted. Dropping their bags, Sam took off down the dock after her. Sophie was squealing as she ran.

As Sam lifted her up in the air Sophie continued to squeal. It was as if she knew this place. She knew she was home. Donna walked up behind them.

'Note to self.. never let her alone on the dock or near the water for that matter' She tickled her tummy. 'Mommy about went into early labor!'

They walked up to the Villa. They stood in awe. Donna turned to Sam. 'It's beautiful. The shutters, the stairs, the courtyard. even the flowers.' She kissed Sam 'Thank you!'

Later that afternoon after they had walked around the Villa taking in the beauty of the newly rented place. Sam took Sophie down to the beach as Donna organized her newly renovated office. She could peek out the window and see Sam and Sophie playing in the sand. Sam had reassured Donna he wouldn't let her out of his sight. He also made a mental note to teach Sophie how to swim.

Donna was in her own little world straitening her office and humming when the hotel bell rung.

From in the lobby she heard..

'For one night..'

'And one night only..'

Donna walked out of her office with a huge grin on her face.

'Donna and the..' Rosie and Tanya stopped.

'What in the..' Rosie spit out.

'Who knocked you up?' Tanya said 'I think I need a drink.'

They all hugged.

Rosie touched Donna tummy. 'Why didn't you tell us you were having another baby.' Rosie asked

'Yeah.. and who's the lucky guy this time?' ' She raised an eyebrow. 'Oh, I totally just seen this really hot looking tan, dark headed muscle man down on the beach playing with a little girl that looked a lot like Sophie.' She had a questioned looked on her face.

'Husband number two gone already?' Donna asked giggling.

A streak of blonde curls bound up the stairs and Sophie ran across the courtyard and right into Donna's legs hiding behind her.

'She's gotten so big.' Sophie peeked out from behind Donna.

'Look at that little Dynamo!'

Donna turned around and lifted Sophie up in her arms.

'You shouldn't be picking her up like that.' Rosie scolded Donna.

'I'm fine. She's not even that heavy.' Donna kissed Sophies little chubby cheek.

'Oh Donna, she is absolutely gorgeous.' Rosie touched her hair. Sophie hid her face in Donna's shoulder.

'You have got to be the cutest little rug rat Ive ever seen.' She took a sip of champagne

'But those eyes, where did get those big blue eyes.'

'Ok, enough gushing.. back to this..' Tanya pointed to Donna stomach.

'When' Rosie asked.

'Almost 7 months ago' Donna answered.

'Where' Tanya asked.

'Well we have been in New York'

'and how?' Rosie asked as Tanya had already started putting two and two together.

Donna just smiled. Sophie put her hands on Donna's cheeks 'Where is your daddy, mommy's little munchkin?'

'Daddy?' Tanya snd Rosie said in unison turning to the sound of Sophie's name being called.

Just as they both had fully turned, Sam appeared at the top of the stairs.