Chap 41

Donna was missing the Villa and the calming sounds of the ocean. The city life was beginning to get to her. Being stuck in the penthouse all day with Sophie was giving her major cabin fever. She needed the ocean. She needed to feel the sand between her toes. Or was it just the pregnancy hormones. The renovations on the Villa should complete.

She had called her doctor to see if she could travel. He told her that he didn't see why not. She called Sophie's doctor he to said she'd be fine just check in with the doctors when they got to Greece.

Rosie had called her to check on Sophie. Donna hadn't told them about Sam or the pregnancy. Not that she didn't want them know. It's just everything with Sophie and how Sam had hurt her before she didn't feel like being preached at.

Sam walked into the bedroom and saw the half packed suitcases.

'Where are going?'

'Back to Greece. I've got to get out of the city. Staying in this penthouse all day, the honking horns, the cold weather. I just can't take it anymore.' 

Sam stood there dumbfounded 'Uh where did this come from? Where you going to even talk to me about this?'

'Yea tonight. I booked our flight for tomorrow evening. That way Sophie would sleep the whole flight.'

'So your taking Sophie and just going to flying off to Greece. How long are you going to be gone?' She shrugged her shoulders. 'What the hell is wrong with you?' He grabbed her shoulders.

'I need to go back home.'

'I thought this was going to be our home and the Villa a placed we'd stay for a couple months out of the year.'

'Well I taking my couple of months now.'

'Donna, whats really going on?

'Where do I start? Ever since we found out this baby was a girl you've been distant. I didn't think the sex of baby would cause a man to act like a complete prick! You don't touch my anymore, we don't talk about the baby anymore.. shall I go on? You act like now you don't want his baby because it's a girl. I just carry the baby. You know that thing..' She pointed towards his crotch. 'Made it a girl. You know..' She was trying to choose her words carefully. 'Kinda like Lorraine, you don't want this baby because it's s girl and not a Carmichael heir!'

'I never once said I don't want the baby. Yes I was disappointed. Most guys want boys. I'm one of those guys. I'm sorry you're upset. You could have just talked to me instead booking a flight back to Greece.'

'Well it's done and we leave tomorrow night. Rosie and Tanya are coming to stay with us until you come, if you come.'

'Of course Id come, but I can't just up and fly out tomorrow. I have a huge deal I'm trying to close. I actually have to fly out to Miami in morning. I was coming home to tell you that.'

'Well, it looks as if we're traveling in different directions now doesn't it.' She walked out of the bedroom leaving Sam standing there with a 'wtf'' look on his face.