Chap 66

They ate lunch at the little Italian restaurant down from Sam's office. They were seated in the back of the restaurant as per their usual. A few of Sams employees stopped by and Sam introduce his family to them. Some people in his office still didn't know that he was married and with children.

'I'm so glad you decided to come.' He took her hand.

'Well I was going crazy and the girls were missing you.'

'And you weren't?'

'Maybe just a little' She smiled at him. 'Ok maybe a lot!' He leaned over the table and pressed a gentle kiss on her lips.

'My bed felt awfully empty.'

'That's all you missed was my body and the sex?' She acted offended.

'No it's not. I've missed you. It's hard going back to the 'single' life after you've been with someone, even if it was just for a week. I've gotten used to you being there.'

'And I had gotten used to you helping me with the girls..'

The waiter brings them a bottle of wine.

'Compliments of the lady at the bar.' Donna turned her head towards the legging red head.

'Seriously, do these freaking woman around here not know that your married now?' She played with her ring. 'I mean my God I'm even sitting right here!'  Sam laughed at her. 'It's not funny Sam.' She flashed the lady a smile and held up her hand showing off the ring.

The lady quickly looked away.

'You know I was the most eligible bachelor in New York. Forbes top 100 richest.'

'So what they think I'm some whore your paying to be in your company? They think your paying me to walk around town holding your hand, wear your ring, and carry your children?!'

'Donna seriously..'

'Kalokairi is just so simple. People don't invade each others privacy. Don't go after someones spouse. These people here are so invasive and know no boundaries. I remember why I wanted to leave the city now.'

'We can pack on some serious PDA so they will get the point and it will get published on all the gossip websites.'

'That would only be for your benefit sweetheart.'

'What I can't publicly show my wife some serious affection without having an ulterior motive?' He winked at her.

The glitzy blonde sat in a hotel room across town. She opened the letter. And read it for the like 100th time since receiving it.

Ruby,

I know you still don't want to hear from me but I just wanted to let you know, my life is perfect. Thank you so not supporting me in my decision to keep my baby. And not being there for me when I needed you most.

Unlike you, I knew who Sophie's father was. I'm almost 25 years old and still don't know who my father is.

I'm not sending you this letter to reconnect. But I did want you to know, you now have 2 granddaughters.

Sophia Layne who is 2 years old
Shayla Elisabeth who is 8 weeks.

Oh, and Im married. To both the girls father. Sam, the guy you said was a worthless human being for leaving me pregnant. Yea well, he's the richest and most successful architect in New York. So I'm doing well.

Donna

The picture of the two girls fell out into her lap. She held it up as a tear rolled down her cheek.