Chap 47

At dinner Donna and Sam finally had settled on wedding details. The beach, him, her, Sophie and the officiant. And well the Dynamos just as the witnesses.

'It's going to be perfect!' Donna was beginning to get real excited.

'So in two weeks you become Mrs. Carmichael.'

'And it's about time!' Donna lent over and kissed Sam. 'I'm finally getting my happy ever after.' She placed her hand on her stomach. 'Although we have done some of this marriage, and baby stuff backward.' She thought for moment. 'Oh and we will have a reception party back in New York with your family and friends when we get back.' Donna had a sadness come over her.

'What is it?'

'Noting.. well its crazy.. I just don't have any family. My mom disowned me, I don't know who my father is, I'm an only child. All I have is Sophie, this baby.. my Dynamos and you.'

'Oh no you have so much more. My mother adores you, my father is coming around. My brother will love you if he don't try to hit on you.' She looked terrified. 'I'm just kidding. We don't have the same taste in woman. He likes red heads and brunettes.' She let out a sigh of relief. 'All my friends and all coworkers think you've made me a better person.'

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders as they walked down to the fairy. 'So see, all you need you already have.'

He took her hand and kissed it. They boarded the fairy back to the island. Donna sat on Sam's laps since it was the last fairy back and it was extremely crowded.

'I still can't believe you left Sophie with those two.' He put his hand in her stomach. 'I mean you wouldn't dare leave the hospital, yet you left her with Tanya!' He gave a frighten face.

'It was practically her bedtime. I'm more worried about my bar!' She put her hand over his when she felt the baby kick. 'Rosie is the more reliable one. She'd never let anything happen to Sophie.'

'That Tanya can sure knock-'em back.'

'She's been known to drink a drink or two.' Donna laughed.

They reached the top step and could hear Sophie laughing. Sam looked at his watch. 'It's almost midnight what is Sophie still doing up?' He gave Donna look.

Sophie and Rosie were dancing. Tanya was drinking.

Donna cleared her throat. The Dynamos stopped dead in their tracks. Donna had her hands on her hips and a scowl on her face. She marched up to Rosie and took Sophie from her arms.

'In my defense. She had been asleep. I think the time change is still effecting her. I tried rocking her.' Donna looked over at Tanya who just shrugged her shoulders. 'But she was not having it. So we decided to come get som fresh air.'

'Did Tanya spike her sippie cup?' Sam took the lid off and smelt the milk. Donna gave him a 'really Sam' look.

As soon as she was snuggled in her moms arms with her blanket. She drifted off to sleep.

'It seems as if all she wanted was her mother.' Tanya said as she raised her glass. 'So good night everyone.'

They all went their separate ways for the night. For Donna, these two weeks before the wedding were going to fly by.