Chap 26

The morning was spent in bed holding one another. Sam held Donna close to his side with her arm draped across him with her head resting on his chest close to his heart. The sound of his heartbeat lulled her back off to sleep. He laid there in the silence before he to drifted back into a peaceful slumber.

It was nearly after noon before they actually made it down into the city.

Sam pulled Donna into a warming hug as they stop in front of Tiffany's. He kissed the top of her head.

'What's up? Why did you stop. I thought we were heading to Starbucks' She asked curious.

He got a little twinkle in his eye. 'I wanna take a little detour.'

She turned around at looked up at the store front sign.

'Oh my God. It's Tiffany's! I love that movie!'

He grabbed her hand. 'Let's go in and look around!'

'Sam this place is so expensive! I could never afford anything in here.' She tried pulling him back out the door.

'Yes, but I can.' He gave her a wink.

'Sam no!' She did not want him spending any more money on her. She defiantly didn't want him to buy her any of this expensive jewelry.

They walked around the store for a little while. Sam taking mental note on the jewelry pieces she said she'd love to have one day.

They both got quite when the store clerk walked them over to the engagement and wedding ring section.

'This is every woman's dream ring.' She pulled out a 2 3/4 ct Halo Diamond Engagement Wedding Set in 14k White Gold' The sales lady pulled the ring out of the display. 'Here try it on' she said taking Donna's hand.

'Um no thank you.' She pulled her hand. She looked Sam at who was no help with her protesting. 'I really.. no we're not..'

'Come on babe. Let's see how it looks on your hand.' Sam gave her a sly smirk.

Donna narrowed her eyes at him as the lady slid the ring on her finger. Donna couldn't help but feel somewhat excited about having one of these on her hand one day. Hopefully one that Sam will give her.

'Nah, that's a bit much.' Sam said walking back over to the earrings. 'She'll take those.' He pointed to the one carat 14k white gold princess cut diamond stud earrings.

'Do you have them smaller maybe in like a child's size? With those safely backs?' Donna shook her head 'no'

'Sam, Sophie doesn't need earrings. She's to young for real diamonds. I don't need any for that matter.'

'Consider them a thank you gift for blessing me with that precious baby girl that has stolen my heart just like her mother did just a few years ago.'

Donna looked at her reflection in the mirror as she fasten the back of the earring.

'Sam, there so shiney! I love them! Thank you so much!' She hugged him and kissed his cheek. 'I really don't deserve them'

'Sweetheart you deserve those and so much more.'

He gently brushed his lips against hers. Causing her to blush when she noticed a few of the sales ladies watching them.

They took the little blue bag that held Sophie's diamonds and walked out of the store.

'A girl could get used to this' Donna said raising a seductive eyebrow at him.

'Ouch.. you're gonna drain my banking account!'

She gave an evil laugh as she tugged on his hand and pulled him down the street so that he could get that Starbucks he promised her over a hour ago.