Chap 42

Sam stood at the terminal gate getting ready to board his flight.

'Will you please call me when y'all get to Greece?'
Donna just nodded her head. 'Are you sure you'll be ok flying there by yourself with Sophie?' She nodded yes again.

Sophie reached out her arms for Sam to take her. 'Daddy's going to miss his baby.' He hugs her tight and smothers her in kisses.

Donna stood there trying not to cry but she was finding that task very difficult. She didn't want to go to Greece without Sam. She thought for sure he'd come with her. She didn't think he'd be flying off to Miami for a business trip. 

'How long are you supposed to be in Miami?'

'It's just for a week.'

'Are you going to come to Kilokairi after your business trip?

'Do you want me to come?'

'What kind of question is that? Of course I want you to come.'

'Well then I'll be there as soon as I can.'

Sam pulled Donna to him and hugged her tight. Donna wrapped her arms around Sams waist and held him tight. She buried her face in his chest as tears began to fall from her eyes. She looked up at him and Sophie patted her mommy's head. She smiled and kissed Sophie's cheek. Sam lowered his lips to hers.

'I'm going to miss you so much.' He kissed the top of her head.

'Who's going to massage my feet and tie my shoes?' She asked causing Sam to laugh.

A few people from Sam's office walked up. He introduced them all to Donna and Sophie. One particular brunette didn't sit well with Donna. They made eye contact but the brunette quickly looked away. This made Donna very uneasy.

She placed her hand on her stomach. The hand with the very large and shiny engagement ring. Sam noticed she seemed distracted.

'You ok?' He turned Donna's face to look at him.

'Huh.. um yeah. I'm fine. The baby's just kicking that's all.' Sam put his hand on her stomach to feel the kicks. He smiled as Donna put her hand in his. One of the few times he has felt the baby kicks since finding out it's another girl.

'You know what, I'm going to take a later flight. Or one in the morning. I don't want you to have to deal with all your luggage, security and all that stuff by yourself.'

'Sam, Im fine!' But he had already walked off.

'Where's he going?' The brunette asked out loud.

The other gentleman watched Sam walk off. And then look at Donna.

'He just said he taking a late flight. See we fly out to Greece tonight also. I own a Villa in Greece on a little island called Kilokairi. That's actually where we met.'

'Oh.. so your the blonde rock chick he met a few Summers ago. It's all making since now.' Said one guy with bushy eyebrows.

A young blonde surfer looking guy said. 'I'm gonna have to have Carmichael give me the hook up!'

'We are just finishing up with some major renovations. Sam had a team out there for the past few months working hard to have everything ready for Summer.'

Sam walked back up and wrapped his arm around Donna's waist. 'My flight leaves at 9:05 and your leaves at 8:18. So I'll help you get situated with Sophie and then I'll take my flight to Miami.' They shared a sweet kiss.

The brunette looked a little disappointed and Donna caught onto it.