Chap 72

It has been a little over a month since the night at the restaurant with Donna and Ruby. Donna didn't talk about it because she was already used to her mother not being around.

Sam and Donna were getting ready for one of Sams business dinners.

'I miss them already.' she called out from the closet.

'My parents just left with them like maybe 20 minutes ago.

'This is the first time in over 3 months that I've been away from Shayla.'

'She will be fine. She won't even miss you.'

'That's not helping matters.'

'Once I get a few drinks in you, you'll relax and not worry about them.'

'Are you already trying to get me drunk and we haven't even left the house yet?'

Donna walked out of their closet in a black Chanel form fitted pencil dress with short cap sleeves, plunging neckline showing just enough cleavage, midi length just above her knee. She paired it with her black Louboutin strapy heels. Girls love those red bottom shoes!

Tugging at the dress as she walked out of the closet.

'I still have so much baby weight to loose.'

Sam turned around and grabbed his chest. 'Damn, I'm such a lucky guy.' Donna blushed.

'When you look at me like that I still get butterflies in my stomach.' She said walking into the bathroom to finish her hair and makeup. Sam stared at her ass as she walked into the bathroom.

'Damn!' He said again. She turned around.

'Stop staring at me! You're making me uncomfortable.'

'I'm your husband I'm allowed to stare. But if any other guy does, have my bail money ready.' He walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her grabbing her ass. He kissed her and left the room so she could finish getting dressed.

Walking into the restaurant the waiter greeted them with a glass of champagne. Donna downed it bad hand the empty glass back to the waiter.

Sam laughed. 'What?' She said 'You know I get nervous at these things.'

They were greeted by a few of the guys at the office. The ones that were married introduced their wives. Some look right at home mingling in the crowd. Donna stood off to the side waiting for Sam. She felt so out of place. Sam motioned for her to come over to where he was staying find.

It was as if the room stopped and everything moved in slow motion as she walked across the room towards Sam. Wives were jealous, men were loosing their train of thoughts as she walked through the crowded room.

Sam wrapped his arm around her waist and introduced her to a few more fellow associates.

'Damn that Carmichael is one lucky son of a bitch.' A guy said and his wife slapped him.

'Successful, rich, good looking and he's got one smoking hot wife.' Another guy said causing him to be slapped by his girlfriend.

'And she just had a baby a few months ago.' One of the jealous wife's said. 'She's had two kids already.' The women stared in jealously.

Sam whispered something in Donna ears causing her to laugh out loud. He ran his hand down her back to rest on her ass. Donna was standing in front of Sam. She slid her hand into his jacket around his waist. And lean into him. He placed a sweet soft kiss on her lips.

From across the room the jealous ex wife stood in the corner nursing a bottle of champagne.