Chap 32

Its after 2 in the morning. The fire is still crackling  in the fire place. Sam pulled the warm blanket up around their naked bodies.

Sam was staring in the flames stroking Donna's hair as her head lay on his bare chest. He still can't believe she finally told him that she loved him. He had been waiting for her to say those words out loud since the day he confessed his love to her.

Did she say it because she was drunk or did she say in the heat of the moment of their love making.

She began to stir and her eyes slowly opened adjusting to the bright flames from the fire. She turned her head an placed a kiss on his chest. She ran her hand around his chest to hug him close.

'What are you thinking about?' She said siting up the blanket dropping from her shoulders.

'Just thinking about you, thinking about Sophie.. thinking about us.' He looked into her eyes.

'I'm not drunk. I'm very much sober and I meant what I said when I said I loved you earlier.'

He smiled and kissed her lips softly.

'I was hoping I hadn't been dreaming when I heard you say that. My heart about exploded out of my chest. Hearing those three little words from you means so much. I didn't think I'd ever get a second chance. I guess fate knew our future and we just needed a little push in the right direction. I hate that it had to come at the expense of Sophie's health. Had she not gotten sick, we'd probably not be here right now holding each other confessing our love for one another.' He wiped away a tear that had fallen down her cheek.

'I'm so sorry it took me this long to realize that I do love you. I actually never stopped loving you. I just pushed my feels aside knowing you were married I turned all my attention to Sophie and the Villa. I thought you didn't love me but when I called you out of the blue begging you to come to Greece, you were on the first flight out of New York. What man just packs up and flys half away across the world when an ex lover calls?'

'I would have swam across a shark infested ocean to be with you.'

She laughed 'Well I wouldn't have thought you'd go that far.'

'I'd fly, run, walk or crawl just to be where you are. Sophie was my bonus.'

'Sam, I do love you. But please don't ever heart me. I'm opening my heart back up to you. It scares me to death knowing that you have that effect on me. Please don't make me regret my love for you.'

'I'd never make you feel that I don't love you. I love you and Sophie so much that I'm scared because I never thought I could love someone so much. I was a mess when I thought I had lost you forever. You have no idea just how happy you made me when you told me you loved me'

She feels him getting a little aroused.

She smiled and straddled him. 'Oh I got a pretty good idea just how much.' She took his face in her hands and kissed him with so much desire. He laid them back on the floor in front of the fire and began to make love to her with a whole new meaning.

Sam pulled back leaving Donna breathless. 'Can I officially propose to you now?' Donna smiled and nodded yes. 'Ms Sheridan would please promise that you'd stay with me forever and be my wife?'

She pulled his face down to hers 'Yes' And kissed him as they continued to show each just how deep their love goes.