Chap 111

The Carmichael's in the Hampton's for the end of Summer. Labor day weekend was the time to go. Sam had rented the house for the week.

The end of Summer was right around the corner. The forecast for the Hamptons looks sunny, with plenty of bright new restaurants, cheery cocktail clubs and beachfront thrills to while away those last lazy days of Summer. Fashion and beauty shops are popping up all over the East End. Donna wanted to shop! And the social circuit is as robust as ever with big-ticket parties nearly every weekend.

The house was located on Sag Harbor Cove with panoramic views of Long Beach on Noyac Bay. The home offers magnificent sunsets and all day forever views. This beautiful five bedroom, five and a half bath home offers every amenity. They had brought Ms. Betty along for help when it was adult only get togethers or when Sam wanted to be alone with Donna.

Sams mother had mentioned maybe coming up for the weekend. So Sam wanted amble space for the family.

The large eat-in kitchen opened to the first floor deck. The living room has a full wall of windows exposing the water views. Donna was already imagining herself sitting down with a good book on the inviting comfy couch. She laughed, yeah right, no peace and quite for this mamma I'll be chasing Shayla up and down the stairs.

Sam stood in the media room with surround sound, another ensuite bedroom, a full bathroom and changing room with a pull out sofa and a kitchen that services the deck with the outdoor eating area and heated gunite pool.

He was already getting ideas in his head about moving out of the city and building them a house out in the country area. Donna had already mentioned that once the baby came she wanted to move into something bigger with a yard so the kids could be outside. In the city there is no 'outside' playtime.

Sam walked out onto the deck which has access to the dock and Sag Harbor Cove. They were just steps to Long Beach and a few miles to Sag Harbor.

Donna saw Sam outside standing on the dock. She had laid the girls down for their nap and she told Ms. Betty they'd be outside if she needed them.

Sam jumped when he felt Donna's arms wrap around his waist. He had been so lost in his thoughts he didn't hear her walk up.

'This place is amazing.' She said laying her head on his back. 'The house is like my dream home.'

'I could live here.'

'Uh.. we have the Villa in Kalokairi.'

'Yea I know but there is just something about The Hampton's.'

'So, whats on the agenda for the rest of the day. The girls are napping.'

He turned to face her. 'You wanna go for a swim?'

'In case you haven't noticed. I do not have a 'bathing suit' body this Sumner. I've got a little person shaking up in my body.'

'Oh please, to be 5 months pregnant, your baby bump is little. Especially compared to when you were pregnant with Shayla.'

'Hey, are you saying I was fat when I was carrying her?'

'Oh no I'd never say that. You were pleasantly plump and absolutely breath taking.' He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

'Yea yea, your only sweet talking me now because you'll want this body later on tonight. I know how you work Carmichael.'

'Now Mrs. Carmichael you act as if I only want you for your body.' She put her hands on her hips. 'Ok, so there is some truth in that.' She smiled. 'But I love you for who you are, I love you because you gave me 2 beautiful girls, you cook my dinner, you wash my clothes..'

'Oh so now you love me because I'm your maid.'

'Oh would you hush, you know how much I love you and can't see myself living without you.'

'I do know and you know I love you just the same.'

They share a long sweet kiss. He puts his forehead  on hers.

'So, how about a swim?' She shook her head no. 'Either you go willingly back up to the house and put on your swimsuit or I'll carry you down to the water fully clothed and drop you in the water. It's up to you how we play this game.'

'I'm pregnant! How could even think of doing that to me. I'm carrying your son!'

He gave her a look. She thought about it and turned and started walking up toward the house. Sam was on her heels. She wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

'Good choice.' He kissed her cheek.