Chap 8

The letter sat mixed among a weeks worth of stacked up mail. Contracts, magazines and clients letters from lawyers.

A photo fell onto the desk..

Sam,
Hey, it's Donna. Well of course you know it's me, who else would you be receiving a letter from in Kalikori. And I bet you'd never thought you'd hear from me again. I'm so sorry for screaming and throwing things at you. Well no actually I'm not sorry really. I trusted you and you deceived me.. well that's in the past and hopefully one day I'll get to wring your neck for all that!

Anyway. I have something important to tell you, I hope your sitting down. After you left I found out I was pregnant. I was nervous, scared, mad at you and and so excited. I was carrying our baby. Our baby we made out of love one of those summer nights we spent together on the beach making love.

Sam, she's beautiful. She has your eyes. Sophia Layne is what I named her. I'm not writing you for money or any type of child support. I just wanted to let you know we made a baby last Summer. One special gift you left me that I will forever cherish. If I cannot have you she is the best part of you. She looks up at me and I see you. I am so in love with our baby girl.

I had some pictures taken recently, thought you'd like to know what our baby girl looked like. Her eyes captivate me.

I'm still totally pissed at you, but thank you for giving me the precious life of our sweet baby girl.

Love you always..
Donna

Lorraine picked up the photo off the desk and turned it over. She gasped at the beauty of the baby girl in the picture. Her eyes were Sams. She slammed her hand on his desk. 'Damn you Sam!'

The door to the office opened. 'What are you doing in here?' He asked as she slid the letter off the desk into her purse. The photo falling onto the floor under the desk.