Chap 106

The next morning, well mid morning because the Carmichael's don't get up early. At least not Donna and the girls. Sam has jet lag that's was he is still asleep.

Sam and Donna were trying to be alone, but Sophie woke up from a bad dream and wouldn't go back to sleep in her own bed. They had just went ahead and let her sleep with them. About 2 hours later Shayla woke up with fever because of her teething so Donna just put her in bed with them too. 

They were all sleeping soundly. Sophie curled up next to Sam and Shayla next to Donna. The sound of an alarm brought Donna out of her peaceful slumber. She looked over at Sam who was still sound asleep.

'Sam!' She said in a loud whisper. He didn't move. 'Sam!' She said louder. He finally woke up and started searching for his phone to turn it off.

'Why did you set an an alarm?' Donna asked settling her head back down on the pillow.

'Because I have a flight to catch.'

Donna her popped up. 'What? You leaving already?'

'Honey, I still have to go to Miami.'

'So, your leaving now?' She sounded a bit hurt.

'I have to be at the airport in 2 hours and I know how long the ferry takes..'

'You weren't even here for 24 hours. We didnt get to didn't get to spend any time together.' She pouted laying her head back covering her eyes so he couldn't see her cry.

He walked over to her side of the bed. 'Well we can take this in the guest room.' He wiggled his eyebrows at her.

'I'm not up for a quickie.' She rolled over away from him. He kissed her shoulder.

Sam shrugged his shoulders and walked into the bathroom to shower.

'Well Happy Freaking Mothers Day to me,' she buried her head in the pillow and cried.

Sam heard her through the bathroom door and felt bad that he did indeed forget it was also Mothers Day weekend. He was in the dog house now. He didn't have any flowers, no jewelry.. no nothing to be able to get her before he leaves.

He walked out of the bathroom both girls were snuggled up to Donna still sleeping. Sam went downstairs and stared searching for something, anything. He made her breakfast.

Donna walked into the kitchen with a still sleepy Shayla up on her shoulder.

'Happy Mothers Day!' He said taking Shayla and handing her a cup coffee. He kissed her cheek.

'Aww.. you remembered' she said sarcastically.

'Honey, I'm so sorry. I was busy trying to sneak around to get here that I totally forgot it was Mother's Day.'

'Well it's ok. I'm just so happy you were here for her birthday.' She rubbed Shayla's back. She had her face buried in Sams neck trying to fall back asleep.

'I wouldn't have missed it for anything. That was one crazy night.'

They ate breakfast, Sophie joined them a few minutes later walking in with her blanket.

After breakfast, Donna and Sam got to spend a little time together. They put the girls in their room to play. And heading down to their bedroom for a little Mommy and daddy time.

'I'm really going to miss you' Donna said buttoning Sams dress shirt.

'Not as much as I'll miss you.' Sam said while trying to unzip Donna's dress again.

She swatted his hand. 'I just put it back on, besides you'll miss the ferry.' His lips were on her neck.

'I don't want to go.'

'Well don't. Simple as that.'

'Donna..' He gave her a look.

'What? You had a full fledge conference call while having sex a few weeks ago, why can you have you rbusiness trip.. meeting or whatever do that too?!

'You mean the second part?' He grabbed her hips pulling her to him.

Backing away. 'No, I mean conference calls. They can call you during every meeting, or Skype.. FaceTime. So much with technology these days.'

'Wow it's so sexy when you talk tech with me.'

She rolled her eyes. 'Well since I cant convince you to stay, let's get you down to the docks.'

They were all heading down the docks to the waiting ferry. Donna held Sams hand tight. She didn't want to let go.

'I'm going to miss you.' He kissed all their cheeks. 'I swear I'll come back before I have to leave for Sweden.'

Donna wrapped her arms around Sams neck. 'You better come back or else you'll need to be finding you a very very good lawyer.' She flashed him a cute but serious smile.

'I love you baby!' He gave her a deep passionate kiss. 'I'll be back in a few weeks.'

'That's a promise?!' She asked.

'Yes, I love you so very much.' He said boarding then ferry.

Donna stood there hiding a now sleepy Shayla with Sophie wrapped around her leg. Tears formed in her eyes as the ferry disappeared into the sunlight.

She sighed and walked back up to the Villa to officially start their day, just her and the girls.