Chap 70

It was about 4 o'clock in the morning and Sam was lying awake watching Donna sleep. The sheet was barely covering her naked body and Sam was longing to touch her. He resisted the urge to pull her to him and make love to her again like they had done several times only a few hours earlier. He didn't want to disturb her sleep seeing as she had a very emotional night.

He swept a piece of hair out of her face causing her to stir. 'Shit' he thought to himself. He really didn't want to wake her.

She rolled over on her side snuggling closer to Sams warm body. He wrapped his arms around her and reached for the warm blanket that was hanging off her side of the bed. He wrapped it around her. She relaxed when she felt the warmth of blanket cover her. Sam was lying on his back. She was half laying on top of him. Her head was on Sams chest with one arm and leg draped across his body. Sams arm was protectively holding her naked body to his with his hand resting on her bare ass.

He kissed the side of her head. And hugged her body tight.

'You're so warm.' She said in a low whisper.

'Baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up.'

'It's ok. I'm sure Shayla will be waking up to be fed at any minute now.'

'I'm not going to into work today. I'm going to stay here with you.'

'Sam I don't need a babysitter. I'm fine. It just that its not every day that your mother waltzes back into her life after 5 years.' Sam felt a tear fall on his chest. 'You know, she didn't even show up for my graduation.'

'You never told me that'

'Yep, I was valedictorian. The smartest kid in the class and I was the only kid there with no parents to congratulate me.'

'Sweetheart..'

'So thats when I said to hell with it, I'm traveling the world. But with no money, I only got as far as Greece.'

'I'm sorry..'

'What are you sorry? She was pissed because I didn't want to follow completely in her foot steps and make the Vegas stage my home.'

'But she's wants to be in yours and the girls life again.'

''Don't you see, this goes further than her just disowning me when I got pregnant with Sophie.'

They laid there in silence for a few moments. Donna started kissing Sams chest.

'My parents said they take Sophie to the zoo today so we can have a little break.'

'Ok.' She continued to kiss his chest, his neck. She looked up at Sam and talking wasn't what she wanted to do anymore.

He pulled her ontop of him. They once again got lost in each other and made love with so much meaning.

Laying beside Sam, Donna was trying to catch her breath when a cry can be heard from the baby monitor.

Sam looked at Donna who got up and grabbed her robe. She sighed as she headed for the bedroom door.

'Hey, at least she waited until daddy got lucky.' Donna laughed and rolled her eyes as she walked out of the bedroom.