Chap 28

After lunch they walked around Central Park waiting on the call from the hospital.

'Um, so evidently our body language indicates that were sleeping together.' She looked at him surprised and wide eyed.

'Excuse me? Where did that come from?'

'My mom called me out today at lunch. She chastised me and told me not to take advantage of you or break your heart.' 

'Well..'

'Oh no darling.. the first time was all you. I tried to refuse. You were coming onto me hard. I'm a man, what did you think I was going to do?'

'Seeing as I was drunk. You could have just put me to bed and taken yourself a cold shower!' She laughed.

That evening they walked into Sophie's room. She was sleeping. And looked like an absolute angel. Donna walked over to the crib and took in a breath. Sophie's hair was thinning because of the chemo treatments. She ran her hand over her soft baby curls.

Sam placed his hand on her lower back for support and comfort.

'Her hair.' Donna said looking up at Sam with tear filled eyes. 'She's loosing her curls' She noticed the baggy of tiny curls sitting on the bedside table labeled 'Sophie Sheridan'

'It will grow back. And I am sure it will be even longer, curlier and ticker. You won't be able to get a brush through it' He said trying to lighten the mood.

Hearing conversation Sophie's eyes fluttered open. You could see the huge grin behind her pacifier.

'Hey sweet princess' Donna said carefully picking up her baby girl. She hugged her tight and Sophie laid her head on her mommy's shoulder.

Sam stepped back so they could have their mom/ daughter moment.

Sophie patted Donna's chest. 'Ma' she said and leaned her forehead on Donna's chin. Donna kissed her sweet baby girls head and held her close to her.

Sophie noticed Sam 'Da' She said reaching for him. He didn't want to take her from Donna so he just stepped closer and rubbed her back and kissed her forehead.

'How's daddy's princess feeling? Any dragons daddy needs to slay today?' Donna giggled.

'Always trying to be that knight in shinning armor aren't you?'

He pulled them both close to him and wrapped his arms around them holding them tight. Sophie laid her head on Donna's shoulder, Donna laid her head on Sams chest. Sam lowered his head resting it on the top of Donna's.

'This is my home right here' Donna closed her eyes. 'With you and Sophie.'

A passing nursed stopped and took in the site of the young family hugging. To the outside world they were a couple very devoted to their sick child. But in reality.. it is a man madly in love with a woman who can't admit that she is madly in love with him.