Chap 25

After calling the hospital and checking in on Sophie and they told her still no visitors. Donna wanted to get out of the apartment. She was getting cabin fever.

'Hey, what did the hospital say?' He asked closing his laptop.

She plopped down on the couch. 'Her levels are still up which means she still has some kind of infection and I still can't go and see her.'

'Oh babe, I know this is killing you' He places a sympathetic hand on her knee. 'Hey, how about I take you shopping?!

She took at double take in his direction. 'Did you just ask me to go shopping?! Isn't that something I should ask you?'

'Well then ask me.' He said sitting back and crossing his arms waiting on her question.

'Sam I am not going to ask you to take me shopping. You have already done and bought Sophie and I way too much already. The clothes. The shoes. You rented and furnished us this apartment. You've already done way to much and I don't know how I will ever repay you.'

'Um.. no repayment is necessary. Sophie is my daughter.. I'd do just about anything for her. I'm going to spoil her rotten. And then you.. you're..'

Her smile faded and she cocked her side to one side. She asked him one of the most serious and sincere questions she had ever asked him.

'I'm what? What am I to you Sam?' He sat quietly trying to figure out what to say.

'What am I.. Am I just another Summer turn Winter romance. A friend with benefits.. because we know after last night, there will be more nights that we take comfort in each other's arms. Or.. am I just the mother of your child.. hmm, you tell me what I am too you Sam.'

'You're my everything. Your my Home. You are the reason I want to be a better man. Be the best father to Sophie. Donna, I'm don't think I could ever go back to being just Sam. I want to be the the Sam I am when I'm with you. You have turned my world upside down again. You're a high that I don't want to come down from. I love you and I don't care if you don't feel the same way about me.. right now. I'll wait. I'd wait for you for forever.' She swallowed hard at his honesty.

They sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity but in reality it was only a few minutes. She loved Sam with all her heart. But she was not verbally ready to tell him yet.

Wanting to lighten the mood and she broke the deafening silence that filled the room. She began to laugh.

'What's so funny?' He asked turning to face her.

'And just how do you know about American Girl Dolls?!'

'Hey, I got friends who have daughters. I may have been drug into that store to help a buddy of mine buy one of those crazy dolls for his daughter. I tell you that place is a madhouse of little girls running around picking out clothes and accessories for those expensive ass dolls!'

Donna threw her head back in a fit of laughter imagining Sam in that store helping his buddy pick out doll things.

'You think that's funny?' He said lugging towards her taking her by surprise as he began to tickle her.

'Sam stop.. I'm ticklish!' She tried to wiggle out of his attack.

'I know! Why do you think I went in for the kill?!' Donna was still laughing and trying to free herself.

'Sam please.. I can breathe!' Their faces were inches apart as he held her down on the couch.

Donna stopped giggling when she realized just how close their faces were. Both holding their breath waiting to see who will make the first move.

Sam lowered his lips to hers softly brushing hers with his. He pulled away and Donna pulled him back down for a more deeper passion filled kiss.

It took them a little while longer to get dressed for the day as one kiss led to another and they found themselves taking solace in each other once again. Deepening the bond they started last night.