Chap 54

Donna was thanking the Heavens that Harry came along when he did. Sophie was wearing Donna out and she was missing her daddy just as much as Donna was missing Sam.

It had been three days. Sam would be flying home tomorrow morning. But tomorrow morning couldn't get here fast enough.

'Baby if I could move my flight up I would. No flights out of the city right now because of the bad weather.'

'Well that weather better clear up fast because we need you home!'

'Why? Is everything ok?' He asked worried.

'Yes honey we're fine. Your just missed. Sophie's been real cranky. Between her teeth and you not being here to tuck her in, it's been tough.'

'She sleeping with you right?'

'Yes, and she's been restless. I've been taking a nap when she's been taking naps. I'm exhausted.'

'Oh baby, I wish I had never left.'

'Sam, it's fine. It just came at a bad time. If I wasn't almost 8 months pregnant, I'd be fine.'

'I knew I shouldn't came to New York.' He was getting angry at himself.

'I insisted you go, not I'm regretting my insisting on you going.'

'Sam the tables ready.' A female voice said.

'Who the hell is that? Samuel Carmichael I swear if you..'

'Honey, it's a business dinner. That's Susan, Jonathan's secretary.'

'Is she the brunette from the airport that was making eyes at you?'

'What are you taking about?'

'When you were going to fly out to Miami..'

'Oh yea, that's her. But making eyes at me?'

'Sam I swear to a God..'

'Darling, she's engaged. And you're definitely all the woman I need.'

'God answer. I better not find out anything happened.'

'What the hell? Do you not trust me?'

'I trust you completely. It's those damn hoes that try sleeping their way to the top I don't trust!!'

He laughed. 'Try and get some sleep baby. I'll be home tomorrow. Give Sophie a big kiss for me.'

'I will and I love you. And you better stay away from that hoe!'

Sam laughed. 'I love you. Bye sweetheart.'

'Donna?'

Sam heard a male voice call as she hung up. Now Sam was the one left wondering who that was.

'Oh hell no.. I'm taking the next flight home. I'll beat that son of a bitch if he trys anything with my wife'

'Sam are coming? We've ordered drinks already.'

'Change of plans. I'm heading home tonight!'

He grabbed his coat and sprinted out the of the restaurant.