Chap 98

Donna was now 12 weeks and at the end of her first trimester. Her small baby bump only visible when shes naked. And still small enough to hide. They were planning on having the family over for dinner this coming Saturday to share the news.

She was meeting up with Sam for lunch. He had called her earlier to come up to his office because he got stuck in a meeting.

She was sitting on the couch fidgeting with the tight material around her waist when he walked in.

'This freaking belly. I swear I'll never be able to fit back into these jeans!'

'Well nice to see you too.' He said leaning down to kiss her soft lips.

'Im already so over this pregnancy and we haven't even told anyone that I'm pregnant yet'

'Why are you so crabby today?' Wrong choice of words he thought to himself.

'Excuse me?' She sat up on the edge of the couch. 'What did you just say? And you better choose your words wisely.'

'You've been such a bitch towards this pregnancy. I'm sorry my dick impregnated you.'

She was taken back by his tone. 'Oh shit look who finally grew a set and is finally willing to stand up to my shit.'

In the past Sam always backed down to Donna never really wanting to set her off.

'Donna stop being a bitch. You're pregnant. Nothing we can do about it now. You have the kid and I'll take care of him.'

'Him.. him. That's all you care about is getting your boy. A Carmichael heir.'

'I'd still love it just the same whether it's a boy or a girl.'

'And what about Shayla. She gets promoted to big sister status before she even gets to blow out the candle of her first birthday cake!'

'What is it with you and feeling like Shayla will get jilted. Donna, I love that baby girl. I'd never prefer one of my children over the other.'

'I wanted her to keep that babiness about her. I'm hate that they grow up so freaking fast.'

'She's growing up but she's still your baby girl. I sure as hell cant feed her. You've got her so spoiled.'

'I've spoiled her?'

'She's attached to your hip. She's attached to your breast nursing. She's so far up your ass..'

Donna walked right over to him and slapped him hard across his face. Her eyes were filled with fire. She grabbed her purse leaving his office. He had crossed the line.

'Damn it!' He said slamming his fist into the wall.

He sat on the couch in his office nursing his scotch. The phone on his office rang. He ignored it poring himself around glass of scotch. His cellphone began to ring. Ignored it. A few minutes later his cellphone ran again.

'Carmichael' He said rather pissed.

'Is this Sam Carmichael?'

'Last time I check I was.'

'This is Sarah, I'm a nurse at Mercy General.' Sams heart sank. 'Your wife was just brought in by ambulance. She was in a car accident.' Sam couldn't breath. 'We need you to come down and sign papers of consent so we can run take xrays and run several tests.'

Sam was silent. 'Mr. Carmichael?'

'Uh yes, I'm here. Umm.. I'll be there shortly! Please don't let her die. Our daughters need her.' He suddenly remembered. 'Oh God, she's pregnant!'

Sam rushed out of his office heading to Donna. He felt so bad for the argument they had earlier. He was the reason she probably got in the accident. It was his fault she got behind the wheel of her suv pissed.

'Please don't let them die.' He pressed his foot on the gas pedal, his tires squealing as he pulled out of the parking garage.