Chap 22

Sam held out is hand for Donna to take helping her out of the car. He placed his hand on the small of her back guiding her into the restaurant.

'Mr. Carmichael, how nice to see you this evening. I've got your table ready in the back.'

Donna looked over at Sam 'They know you here and you have a special table?'

'I may frequent this restaurant. Ive had several business dinners here. I love their lobster. I also love that you can look out the window and still see the city across the Hudson.

Sam pulled out Donna's chair for her. 'Chivalry does still exists.' She smirked up at him as he made his way over to his chair.

'A true gentleman will always pull the chair out for a beautiful lady such as yourself.' Donna blushed.

'Would you like a glass?' Sam held up a bottle of wine.

'Oh my gosh I haven't drank anything in like 2 years not since I found out I was pregnant and nursing. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to handle it.'

'You're a tough girl. It's like riding a bike. You used to be able to hold your liquor quite well.' He laughed.

She laughed and buried her face in her hands. 'Oh yeah, I know what your talking about. Your taking about that night that I met you shot for shot. You didn't think I could hang.'

'Uh sweetheart. You didn't hang. You speech was slurred and you were swaying and tripping all over the place. If I do remember correctly, which I do because I can drink circles around you, I had to end up carry you home.'

Donna laughed and remember how she stumbled up the stairs and she threw her herself all over Sam. 'Take me to bed or leave me forever' she told him. She didn't remember ever saying hat to
Him. She just remembered was waking up the next morning in his arms with a massive hang over.

They made small talk for the rest of the evening. Walking along the river talking and reminiscing about that Summer they spent in Greece.

All the memories they made were bringing up a lot of buried feelings for both of them. They stopped walking. Donna got a shiver against the cool night air. Sam pulled her to him and wrapped his arms around her. She relaxed in his warm arms. He rubbed her back trying to warm her.

He looked down at her at the same time she was looking up at him. Their lips were inches apart. She swallowed hard as Sam lowered his lips to hers. Softly he kissed her. The next kiss was fueled with a little more passion. The kiss continued on past the point where he would usually back away.

He smiled down at her and brush a few stray hairs out of her face.

'Make love to me.' She pleaded with lustful eyes.

'You're drunk and I am not going to take advantage.. '

She shut him up with a lip tingling kiss. 'But I'm sober enough to know what I want.. and right now I want you. Yes, I may regret it in the morning.. but right now.. I want to feel with my heart and not think with my head.'