Chap 24

Storming out of the bedroom and down the hall into the living room. She looked around for a note or something he may have left explaining why he just up and left her again.

She plopped down the couch 'I am such a freaking fool. Why would I think he would stay. He left me before.' She flung herself back on the couch cushions. 'Ugh, I'm such an idiot!' She put her hands up on her face. And screamed out in disgust.

She stood from the couch and walked over to the kitchen counter smelling the roses that had been delivered a few days earlier. Sam had sent them to her 'just because'.

'You're one smooth talker, Mr Carmichael. That's it I'm swearing off men and I'm just going to focus on Sophie and making sure she is taken care of.'

Getting more pissed as the minutes passed and the memory of last nights events flooded her head. Yes she initiated the mind blowing sex last night, be he swore he was going to be there when she woke up. He wasn't going anywhere.

'I'm right where I want to be., with you and Sophie' she mocked him. 'That's bullshit!'

She picked up the vase of flowers and threw them against the wall the vase smashing as the door slowly opened. The vase barely missed Sams head. He ducked out of the way as the vase shattered against the wall falling to the floor into a million pieces. He slowly walked into the apartment with some coffee and bagels from Starbucks. He eyes were wide as he looked down at the shattered glass around him and the roses scattered around his feet.

Donna brought her hand up to her mouth. 'Oh my God Sam. I'm so sorry!' She started to run towards him.

'Ah.. stop! You'll step in glass and cut your feet.' He stepped further into the apartment. He looked at her and could tell she had been crying and she looked like a wreck. She still had that 'morning after sex' hair, but she looked even more disheveled.

'My God woman, you about took my head off! What the hell? What did those poor flowers do to you?!'

Embarrassed 'I thought you had left me after last night. I thought you just wanted one night of sex and you were gone again.'

'Um.. no and the sex was beyond great. That's it the only reason I want to be here.' Donna blushed tugging at the ties of her robe. 'I only went out for a few minutes to get some bagels and you some of your favorite Starbucks. I knew your head would be screaming this morning from all the wine you consumed last night.' Holding up the coffee and bag of bagels.

'I'm so sorry, I'm so embarrassed. It's just when I woke up and you weren't there I lost it. I felt cheap, I felt used again.'

He walked over to her and cautiously wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her forehead. She buried her face in his chest.

'Babe, I'm not going anywhere. Not after last night.'

She wrapped her arms tighter around him. Feeling safe again in his arms. It's were she belonged. It's where he wanted her to be. She and Sophie were home to him. He just only wish she would admit that she loved him just as much as he loved her.