Chap 74

On a chilly October evening in New York, Donna and Sam were laying on the couch with a blanket draped over their sweaty naked bodies. With a fire in the fire place.

Sam was leaving Monday morning for a business trip to Vegas. The last 5 months with both girls has kept Sam home from business trips. He didn't want to travel because he wanted to be there for his children. Unlike his father that traveled a lot when he was a child. He knew what it was like to not have a father around most of the time and the stress it left on his mom to have to pull double duty. That's something he didn't want for Donna.

'Do you have to go to Vegas for the whole week?' She pouted staring into the fire with her head on his chest. 'Isn't there usually just like one or two days of meetings that you really have to be there for and the other days are just days that people usually do things for people to say 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas'

'Unfortunately I do. But I told you can come with me. On my off days we can spend it together, riding the strip, taking in a show.. shopping..'

'But I can't leave Shayla. She's still nursing. And I have never ever in the 2 1/2 years of Sophie's life, ever left her.

'We can bring them with us. Maybe hire an 'as needed' nanny. Just someone to just watch them when we got out.'

'I could never have someone else watch my children while I got out or something like that. I had them so I could raise them, not some nanny.'

'Baby it's just for a week. I've already tried to convince my mom to travel with us, but she does not want to leave my father for that long. And my father refuses to go to Vegas. He hates that place.'

'I've never been.' She turned to Sam. 'You know that is were the lady that gave birth to me resides.'

'I thought maybe we could go see her show.'

'Oh hell no! I'm definitely not going!'

'I'm just kidding. I don't usually do the shows in Vegas. But I do like to gamble.' He kissed the side of her head. 'You can be my Lady Luck.'

Donna laid her head on Sams chest. His hands were moving up and down her bare back. The covers had slipped down to just cover their waist.

'If I go with you and we have this 'as needed' nanny go with us to watch the girls, you promise me that we will not try and see my mother, you will not get me drunk, you won't get into in fights and..'

'I will be on my best behavior.' He kissed the top of her head. 'Scouts honor. But the very you drunk thing.. I usually benefit from that..'

'Ha ha.. I still have to function as a mother..'

'Maybe just a little tipsy? So.. is that a yes you'll go?'

'Ok then we'll go.'

Sam was so excited. He hated being away from Donna anyway. Sam showed Donna just how happy he was that they'd be going with him out to Vegas and they spent the rest of the evening making love.