Chap 91

Sams hand was on the small of Donna's back as he lead her into the crowded ballroom. Donna instantly became very uncomfortable in the crowd of New York city's 'elite'.

They walked across the room to where Sam had seen a few of his sport friends. He handed Donna a glass of champagne and whispered in her ear.

'To help you relax.' They shared a sweet tender kiss.

A few of the ladies that Sam had 'dated', if you can call it that, we're instantly jealous. Not only were they caught by surprise when he showed up at the party because it had been years since he attended one. But he also showed up with a stunning blonde at his side. They immediately thought maybe she was just a hired escort until they seen the sparkling diamond on Donnas finger as she seductively slid her hand up Sams back.

A few women in the gossip circle decided to google Donna. Sam is a private man, so not really thinking they'd find much on his wife.

'Here she is' one of the ladies said. They all gathered around.

'Donna Sheridan-Carmichael' one woman began to read out loud. 'Recently married to New York's wealthiest business tycoon, Sam Carmichael, the couple have two kids together'

'She has had two kids?' One of the jealous woman said looking over at Donna in that tight fitted gown. Her perfect breast, flat stomach and round butt.

'They spend their time living between New York and Greece where she owns a villa The Bella Donna.' The all look at each other.

'Oh she must be the woman he met in Greece a few years ago before he married that Lorraine bitch. You know, the one he had a romantic summer fling with.'

'Oh yes, I remember hearing some of those stories that were circling around the office. She was left pregnant.'

'They said that no other woman would ever compare to her.'

'Well no freaking wonder, on the outside, she's prefect!'

Feeling as if she was being talked about, Donna slightly turned and looked at the gawking circle of woman. They all quickly turned away when Donna made eye contact with them. She gave a polite smile and leaned closer to Sam causing him to instinctively wrap his arm around her waist settling his hand on her butt, his thumb gently caressing the exposed skin at the small of her back.

'Oh, here it says she's a singer!'

'Oh my God yes, her mother is that Vegas singer Ruby Sheridan. She pulled her up on stage at one of her shows last fall while they were all on the business trip in Vegas.' The lady that was holding the phone said.

'It's like she's perfect!' They were all looking down  at the phone.

'Ladies.' Sam said as he and Donna walked past causing them all to jump.

They made their way over to the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around his neck. He pulled her close as he placed one hand in the middle of her bare back. The touch of his warm hand gave her goosebumps. He pulled one of her hands down to hold close to his chest. He leaned his head close to hers. He took in the scent of her perfume. He placed a warm kiss on her neck close to her ear. She turned face towards his their lips inches part as they slowly swayed with the music.

People were staring at the couple. Women wishing they were the ones Sam was holding like that and men wishing their where the ones holding Donna they way Sam was.

'Honey I'm ready to go. I don't feel comfortable here. People are staring at me.' She was running her fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck.

'Only because your the most beautiful woman in the room.' She rolled her eyes.

He kissed her lips gently lingering longer than maybe he should have being that they were in the middle of  the dance floor in front of everyone.