Chap 30

The cameras were flashing. Couples, doctors and benefactors were posing for pictures. Heads turned when Sam and Donna walked into the ballroom. Men stared and woman whispered to each other. Donna felt uncomfortable with all the attention she and Sam were attracting.

'I feel so uncomfortable. I'm out of place. I shouldn't have came.' She whispered in his ear.

He took her hand, the one that had the ring on it and placed it on his chest. He slid his arm around her waist resting it on her ass. 'Just smile for the camera.' He turned and kissed her cheek as he led her further into the room finding them a table.

'Ah.. Mr Carmichael. It's so nice to see you again. I'm sorry but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the new Mrs.'

Donna went to correct the gentleman 'Dr Telavadi this is Donna.' She cut her eyes over at Sam.

'So nice to meet such a beautiful lady.' He took Donna's hand and kissed it. 'You'll save me a dance?' Donna smiled and then slapped Sams thigh as the doctor walked away.

'Why didn't you correct him? Now he thinks I'm your wife!!' She crosses her arms causing her breast to almost bust out of her dress.

'And is there a problem with that? We will eventually one day be married.' She rolled her eyes. Sam wiggled his eyebrows and she looked down at what he was looking at. 'Your such a typical guy! My eyes are up her sweetheart!' She let out a disgusted sigh. 'Ugh. Men!'

Sam smiled and leaned in close to kiss her cheek. He noticed a few guys looking at her so he made some small talk in her ear. She was laughing and smiling a lot. She touched his face. He was giving the gentleman warning glare that she was off limits.

He kissed her lips and excused himself to get them some champagne.

'Are you the new Mrs. Carmichael?' A young brunette asked taking a seat next to Donna.

'Excuse me? Oh uh.. yes.'

'How long have you two been married?'

Donna started fidgeting and stumbling over her words. 'Um.. 6 months.. maybe.. oh I don't know!' She threw her hand up in the air.

'I'm surprised he settled back down again after his first wife. She was such a horrible mean vindictive woman.'

'So I've heard.'

'He's been known to be a real ladies man.' Donna raised her eyebrow.

'Oh, well I'm pretty sure he's a one woman man now. Or at least he better be. We have a daughter. Has he mention that to anyone?' Trying to make sure woman know that he now comes with baggage.

Acting surprised. 'Um no.. no he didn't.'

'You act surprised. Do you think Sam isn't the settle down family man type?!' She asked prying.

'Well.. not from some of the stories we've heard. I mean..' Sam walked up irrupting the brunette.

Donna looked up at him and took the glass of champagne downing it in one gulp. She glared up at him as he slowly sat down beside her.

'Did I miss something? What did she say to you?'

'Well.. you a real ladies man' she mocked the young girl. 'She's heard stories about you.' She gave him her best 'resting bitch face'

'Yea, and those stories they think they heard. Are my stories about you and our Summer together.'

Donna swallowed and looked embarrassed. 'Oh.. well then.. um.. have you not mention to anyone that you gave a child?'