Chap 59

Sam wrapped his arm around Donna's waist as he led them across the courtyard as the rain started to fall soaking them.

He got Donna upstairs to their bedroom.

'You need to get you out of these wet clothes.'

He helped her take off her dress. Another contraction. Sam sat her on the bed helped her put her robe on. Donna was panicking now herself.

'It's to early. She's not ready!'

'I'm going to call the doctor!' He frantically looked around the room for his cell. 'Damit, Where is my phone.'

'Over there' Donna said in between the sharp pain. 'Oh God it hurts!' Sam gave her his hand to squeeze. 'I don't remember this with Sophie. Somethings wrong.' Donna looked scared which freaked Sam out.

'I need to speak with Dr. Johnson!' Sam paced the room. 'I don't care if he's in the delivery room. My wife is in labor! He looked at Donna. 'I can't bring her to the hospital. We're stuck on the island because of the storm.' He looked pissed.

'What's going on?'

'They put me on freaking hold!'

He grabbed his laptop to google how to deliver a baby.

'What are doing?'

'I'm gonna google how to deliver a baby!'  He looked closely at the picture that was up on the screen. He looked over at Donna who cut her eyes over at him.

'Is this what you got all upset about? Is this the freaking blonde you were talking about earlier?' Donna didn't say anything 'oh my God that's Stacey, my brothers girlfriend.'

'You said he doesn't like blondes..'

'What you don't see is my brother standing off to the other side of her. So this is what sent you into labor?' She looked away. 'I don't know how many times I have to tell you, I don't want any other woman. You are all the woman I have ever wanted.'

'Sam, I'm sorry. I'm very insecure right now. Being hugely pregnant and having a hot husband that girls are drooling over has about done me in.'

He sat beside her. 'I love your big belly, swollen ankles and mood swings. No one else.' He kissed her and she bit his lip.

'Oh damn this hurts!' She held her stomach.

'Back to this delivering baby thing.' He hung up the phone and threw it. 'Forget that crap let's see how to deliver a baby..' he hit the search key.

'Number 1, Don't panic!' He looks at the computer screen. 'Your wife is under a lot of stress right now.. no shit Sherlock I am too!!' Donna tried not to laugh. 'Ease her stress by remaining completely calm. Do you want a drink or better yet, can I have a drink?!'

She was tying not to laugh and it was actually taking her mind off the pain. Another contraction.

'Number 2, Assess the situation.' He raised an eyebrow. 'During labor your wife will experience contractions. The periodic tightening and relaxing of her uterine muscle.' He shook his head 'Way to much info.' He kept reading 'You'll know your wife is experiencing one by the looks of discomfort on her face.' He looked over at Donna who was trying her best not to laugh. 'If your wife's contractions are less than two minutes apart, the baby is on its way, and you probably don't have time to get to the doctor... ya think!' He continued reading 'If you can see the top of the baby's head in the vagina, you definitely don't have time.'

Sam about passed out. 'I'll never be able to think of sex the same way ever again!' Donna busted out laughing. He looked. 'Nope, we don't have no time!'

'Number 3. Call for help. What good did that do, they put me on hold!! Just because you read something on the internet..' he looked over at Donna. 'Does not make you an expert on delivering babies.' He shrugged 'But it looks like I'm going to get a crash corse in baby delivery.'

'Number 4. Get Mom comfortable.' He grabbed some pillows and propped Donna up and kissed her forehead. 'If space is available, have her get on her hands and knees.'

Donna gave him a look. 'What the hell'

'Number 5. Scrub up and prepare the birthing area. You don't want to risk giving the baby or Mom an infection by handling them with your grubby hands.' Sam ran into the bathroom and scrubbed his hands.'Clean work area.. blah blah.. and wrap up the newly arrived bundle of joy. If you're in a taxi, you can use your shirt.' Sam closed his laptop. 'That's insane!'

'Just push, I'll catch!' He held out his hands like a baseball player.

'Sam it's not that easy!! You'll have to pull her out when..' Sam turned white.

He opened his laptop back up 'For the most part the baby doesn't need much assistance to make it into the world. Avoid barking instructions for your wife to push and breathe. You'll just stress her out and cause her to possibly push when she shouldn't.' Sam doesn't say anything 'Let her push when it feels natural. When the head makes it out of the vagina, the baby will turn to one side.'

'Once she does that it everything else will go smoothly. Baby, you can do this. It's your daughter. Can you imagine the story she'll get to tell when she grows up?! How many kids can say that their daddy delivered them.'

Donna took his face and gave him a kissed.  'You can do this. I trust you.'

A hard contraction hit Donna. 'Samm.. it hurts!'

'Just breath baby.' He sat down at the end of the bed and prepared to deliver his baby.

After what seemed like forever, they both were sweaty and Donna was so tired.

'Sam I can't. I'm so tired.'

'Baby she's right there. Just a few more pushes!'

'You freaking push!' Donna pushed really hard, when the thunder cracked and the electricity blew.

In the darkness you heard a tiny cry.