P a i n f u l B o r n D a y

“If I went missing, would anyone notice I am gone?”

***

Addison woke up with a big smile on her face. Today is her day. She hates to celebrate but it's still her day. The day when she is born.

She stretched her arms as she sat down the bed. She looked around and chuckles. “Good morning, Birthday girl,” She said as she stood up looking at the mirror.

She starts peeling her clothes as she walk towards the bathroom. A piece of paper on her doorframe caught her attention. An eyebrow rose up as she grabbed a bathrobe. She put it first, went to the door again and tie her bathrobe. She get the letter and opened the door.

She looked around, noticing no one. She opened the paper, “Really, Callie?” She said and chuckles.

Callie Torres, her bestfriend, gave her a letter for her birthday.

She chuckles and went inside to her hotel room, leaving the door open. She read the letter.

“I may not be there physically but always remember that I love you always, Happy Birthday Addie!” She smiled and chuckled.

Her eyebrows furrowed when she realized something.

‘Callie said she may not be here physically..’

“Huh? Then who gave this letter?” She asked and went inside the bathroom. She was humming while showering.

A noise from outside caught her attention. She cursed on herself as she get a towel to wrapped on her body, when she realized something.

She forgot to lock the door!

She carefully tiptoe when she walked outside the bathroom. Looking around, she sighed in relief when no one was there. She locked the door and continue to shower.

After an hour of preparing, Addison drives to Seattle Grace, yes you are right. She will work on her birthday, does it matter? She used to it.

She was smiling on people, patients, nurses and doctors, she is looking at. Making people look weirdly on her. She went inside the elevator, Mark and Derek was there.

“Good morning, boys,” she said and smiled.

Mark looked at her with amusing look and a smirk on his lips, while Derek looked at her with a weird look. Eyebrows furrowed with each other.

“What?” She asked and rolled her eyes.

“Someone wake up happy,” Mark said. Addison stilled for a moment, waiting for them to greet her.

Unfortunately, they didn't. Addison remained silent, her happy vibes turn into an unknown one.

She can understand that Mark forgot her birthday, but Derek? Her husband for 11 years? Really?

She sighed as she went off the elevator, leaving the two men confused.

“What did you do?” Mark asked. Derek frowned, “I didn't do anything,” He said and shrugged his shoulders.

Mark rolled his eyes and remained silent.

The day went on for Addison. To summarize her day? It was a terrible one. First, she lost a mother in labor, she almost lost 2 babies and NO ONE GREETS HER HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

She was staring sadly at the baby in front of her. She sighed when someone came inside. She looked up and immediately wipe her tears when she saw Meredith Grey.

“Dr. Montgomery?” She asked. Addison sighed, “Yes, Grey?” She asked.

“I uhm..” Meredith trailed, well she also has a terrible day.

“It's fine, you can see them,” Addison said and smiled a bit. Meredith stand near her, Addison smelled the vanilla scent of the intern. Meredith can feel the breathing of Addison beside her.

Addison sighed and looked at the baby. Meredith smiled when the baby smiled.

“If I went missing... Would anyone notice that I am gone?” Addison said.

Meredith looked at her and blinks, “Huh? Yes,” She said.

This made Addison to look at her. She chuckles and tilt her head up to stop her tears, that are forming on her eyes, from falling.

“Someone will notice,” Meredith said and caressed her cheeks. This made Addison to froze for a minute, but she felt relaxed on Meredith's touch.

All the baggage of this day went off, one touch from her makes Addison feel okay. Which is very dangerous. She opened her eyes, Meredith was intently looking at her.

There's this certain emotions on the eyes of the intern. Love? Admiring her? She don't know.

The only thing she knew is, Meredith leaned on to kiss her softly. She sighed in relief as their lips meet.

Meredith and Addison pull away with each other, breathing hard, smiling like an idiot. Meredith brushed something on her lips, maybe a smudge lipstick?

Meredith leaned to kiss her lips, leaving a peck on it. Then on her forehead. She kissed her cheeks before whispering, “Happy Birthday Dr. Montgomery. And I love you,” Before leaving.

A gasped escaped on the redhead's lips.