Reunited

Author's Note: I'm taking a break from my Baby Trump series. This story was written by a guest writer. I hope you enjoy it!

Donald moves his entire office and staff to Florida for the winter. He is excited to finally be home and be with his youngest son and his wife. He has missed them every night and only reunites with them during the weekends.

Donald comes back home to Maralago and walks into their living room and he sees Barron sitting on the couch playing on his cell phone. 

B: Hi Dad, you're home!
D: I missed you son, how are things going around here?
B:  Well, it's been going. Kinda boring really.
D: Where is your mom?
B: I don't know, Dad. Shouldn't you know?
D: Well I texted her that I was going to be home around this time, but she never responded...
B: I don't know Dad. She is probably at the spa, her favorite place!
D: Did you check the room? Is your mom still asleep?
B: She sleeps a lot Dad.
D: That is only because I have not been home!

Donald sits down next to Barron on the couch. He notices Barron's bowl of cereal.

D: How is school? I missed you son.
B: School is good, Barron responds while eating his cereal. Missed you too dad.
D: You know when you were little, you used to be so talkative. I miss those days. Nowadays, the best I can get from you is a few words.
B: Well, there is not much to talk about. I just got used to you not being home. And, my grandparents are always over here so they keep us company. And, you call us everyday -so it's all good.
D: What do you mean you got used to me not being here? It's sad really, and I wish I could be here more often, but how things turned out after I did the politics thing... Donald feels guilty for not being home as much.
B: I mean I got used to it like even when we lived in New York, I rarely saw you since you were on the campaign trail. I was only ten years old then. I remember having to move and leaving my friends. But it's fine Dad, I get it and I've made pretty good friends here in FL.
D: I'm sorry it must have been tough with all this moving and me not being around as much... but your mom, she's done a great job raising you, son and you should be really thankful.
B: I am Dad! I know I don't tell her that but...
D: Well, sometimes she tells me that you give her a hard time. You shouldn't be doing that.
B: She keeps bothering me Dad and I want her to leave me alone sometimes.
D: She does that because she really cares, Barron.
B: I know Dad, but she is annoying.
D: You teenagers really like to use that word. How is soccer?
B: Well I just been using the soccer net in the backyard and I miss playing with a team.
D: You know when I was in high school, I looked a lot like you and I really liked baseball, but your late Uncle Robert loved soccer. About as much as you love it.
B: Uncle's funeral was one of the first I've been to Dad. It was really sad.
D: I still have not gotten over losing my brother. Sometimes it is still a shock. But, your mom she helps me get through everything. She helped me get through losing both my parents, and now my only brother. It still hurts. I'll always miss him.
B: I miss him too dad. He was loved. He did tell me he loved soccer too. Actually I think there is a soccer game going on right now. Watch it with me dad. Barron turns on the TV.

The two of them talk more and catch up on the couch. Donald takes out his favorite freshmint white tictacs from his pocket, eats two mints, and then checks his phone. He is sad when there is no reply from Melania.

D: Do you miss the White House?
B: No. Besides the friends I left behind. It was cool, but no.
D: I know it was tough on you. Being my son is not an easy thing, but I hope you learned a lot through the process.
B: I learned that politics is cruel game. And, I guess I just got used to being around so many people and so many security personnel.
D: Yes, politics is one different game. I still have not figured it out!
B: Mom explains some of the stuff to me and some stuff I hear on the TV. Some stuff my classmates used to tell me. They were horrible to you dad.
D: You cannot trust your classmates. Some people out there are not good people, son. Yes, the press is horrible. They are horrible to your mother and I, and to the entire family.
B: Yes, dad. I understand because you and mom always remind me.